Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bull Island

Options
  • 25-09-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

I was on Bull Island during week and the tide was coming in and near its high point. I could see many fish jumping out of the water in between bull island and the coast road in clontarf. Fish were about a foot long. What where they and wht would i need to catch them in terms of rod and bait. Anyone recomend a cheap rod for such fishing.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

possibly sea trout, if so you cant fish for them on the east coast, i think the are protected species, deffo need licence and tags to catch them in other areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I saw loads of Grey Mullet under the bridge a few months ago and they were breaking the surface. They fight hard so a cheap rod probably won't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

its probably sea trout they do jump there but chances are you wont catch them on bait you need to use lures to get them, also its possible it was sea bass or mullet as both of these swim there and do jump from the water

Advertisement