Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eurpean firearm parts suppliers

Options
  • 25-09-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

does anyone know anywhere that stocks spares and accessories for pistols in europe , germany etc ? if i get my licence renewed (fingers crossed) i want to trick up my 1911 a bit with rubber grips , better sights etc . i was going to do this before but all this rubbish with the ban etc i held off .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Peter Stahl is the lads to be talking to in Germany about 1911's,if you want a target 45.Kettner does/did a nice hi cap 1911 which I was going to get,before mr AHernia decided to go off on his gun banning ego trip.:mad:
    Frankonia is a good as well.All in all most German gunsmiths can gun plumber a 1911 to what you want,so parts arent too difficult.
    BTW why dont you just order them from the US? Keep the order under 100USD and you are fine re exports .Grips and sights arent too expensive,and still easy to ship.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Can second Peters Stahl, has some nice stuff. Was at their Factory last spring. Certain components they also buy in from the states though.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not surprising,since the company went belly up a few years ago,and some US company bought them up and re financed them.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement