Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockband Update

Options
  • 25-09-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

shamlessly lifted from another site :D
    Harmonix also revealed details of a title update that they have just finalized. This adds the following:

* Rock Band Network Audition Mode. Available from the “Extras” menu on Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band 2, members of the Rock Band Network can now upload songs from their PC’s and audition their songs using our suite of song audition and testing tools. Currently in closed beta, the Rock Band Network will welcome authors to open beta in the coming weeks! Find out more at http://creators.rockband.com

* 'Sort by Stars' in Quickplay. If you hit the “Sort” button on the Song Select screen, you’ll come to a brand new sort that orders songs by the star ratings that you’ve achieved on each song. Each star rating gets a category, as well as an “Unplayed” category for songs that don’t have a star rating recorded. Finally, you can record your progress towards gold starring every song in your library!

* Background Downloading in the Music Store. Purchasing songs from the Rock Band Music Store now no longer requires you to wait for a song to download before you can download another song. You can now queue up downloads to your heart’s content, which is going to be incredibly handy with some of the amazing DLC that’s coming out over the next few weeks and months.

* Xbox 360 Wireless Microphone Support. Rock Band 2 now supports Xbox 360 Wireless Microphones, like the Lips microphone. Finally, you can now have a fully wireless Rock Band experience!

* Chord HOPO improvements: If you’ve played The Beatles: Rock Band, you’ll notice much more robust handling of chord hammer-ons and pull-offs. This patch implements those changes in Rock Band 2 to provide a more natural chord hammer-on/pull-off experience.

* Velocity Sensitivity on Ion Drum Kits: Ion Drum kits now support velocity sensitivity in both drum fills and Drum Freestyle mode.

The update is available now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Background downloading and sort by stars were the two things I really wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was only in quick play myself the other night wanting the star sort too.

Its nice to see the game still getting updates :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I amn't always online, and sometimes when I got to play songs that I've downloaded, the game will stall at the loading screen. This has only happened since the dashboard update about 2 months ago, and the only way to remedy it is to go online and download an "update" in RB2 (downs automatically when game launches). I've looked into it and I think it's a license issue. Has anyone else been getting small updates when they go into RB recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Meh, the star update is gimped.
    Its not retro-active so you will have to score all your songs again in quickplay to get them listing star rating.
    Also if you don't beat your old score without stars, the newer worse score with stars won't be displayed.

That is a bit crap. Surely they could have made it retroactive!

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That is a bit crap. Surely they could have made it retroactive!

Yeah I would have thought that would be handy enough to do , thought the stars where based on score anyway?

I havent had an update in ages, and only really being playing dlc this week.

It does lag on loading the cache when I 1st load the game , maybe I should redo that , might be worth a shot you ding it also D4rk :confused:

Deleted the cache and remade it when this problem first happened. It's really odd. The forums say it's something that happens to prevent trading of songs, for instance

"export gamertag to friends xbox, down song you have already bought, friend has song"

This measure means that only the tag who bought the song can play the song. Only thing as I haven't exported my tag in about 2 years.

So the songs stop working, I go online (takes about 15 mintues to set up, have to turn on xp [usually on ubuntu :cool:], set up network between the laptop and xbox), a small update is downloaded, the songs work again and then, anywhere between a day and a month later, songs stop working again. It's infuriating.

ah I'm set up the same way , only difference is im signed in all the time as pc and xbox are beside each other.

Ah, nice. Only thing I dislike about ubuntu is it's inability to network with the old 360... XP takes so long to boot! grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Glad to see they added background downloading to the music store. It was a little thing but it niggled me so much that I didn't use the ingame music store and just bought the tracks direct from the marketplace. The Lips mics working with RB means one less cable draped across the sitting room floor like a tripwire!

• Advertisement

Yes the absence of background downloading was a pain in the hole, really defeated the purpose of the store. Good to see them listen to even small things.

Advertisement