Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstead

Options
  • 26-09-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Could anybody please tell me exactly where the 'Newstead' building is located? Can't find it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah it's tough to find. The maps aren't much use in helping locate it either. The main thing to note which I hadn't been aware of is just as you are walking up to the Sports Centre, there's a path to the LEFT of the Sports Centre you have to follow. Walk north so that the Sports Centre is now behind you and from there head north for a bit. I think you cut through a 5-a-side pitch along the way. I can't recall it 100 per cent. I'll likely have to make the journey again just to make sure of where it is. The Secret Lake is easier to find than that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Its kind of hard to describe, so here's a picture from google earth with the Newstead marked in. Hope it helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

On that map, the entrance is in the "crook" of the L, on the inside. Rooms are marked Gxx for Ground Floor, Fxx for First Floor.

It's the Civil Engineering building, but other folks may find it useful to visit there when it's getting closer to exam time, since it has two large computer rooms. They are used for classes at some times, but at other times most computers are free, so if you have a lot to do and the usual rooms are clogged, it's a good place to work. If you can find a chair, that is, since they bought the cheapest, nastiest "office" chairs, and half of them are broken. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Thanks for all yer help. Seems like an awful balls of a place to find...I've already missed one seminar not being able to find it! I'll have to wander up when I dont have classes to find it first.
    The room number I was given is A102...but you say the rooms begin with 'G'?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

V480 wrote: »
    . The room number I was given is A102...but you say the rooms begin with 'G'?
    Ah - then it's one of the extra rooms in the "short leg" of the L, with the entrance at the end. I've heard those rooms referred to in different ways, sometimes as part of "Richview", since they aren't used for Civil Engineering (that I've heard) . If you can find the main entrance to Newstead as I described, someone at the service desk can tell you which door to use.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
Advertisement