Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things your pets do that aren't "true to type"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

april99 wrote: »
    This is a great thread! Stories so funny!

My cat definitely goes against the grain! He loves to play fetch, drops a toy in my lap and waits til I throw it,retrieves it and it starts all over again!This could go on for ages!!
    He also is quite happy to sniff at my Degu cage, and he won't leave them alone until they return his greeting. When I'm feeding our fish, he sits on their table, takes a good drink of their water then leaves them alone too.
    His other habit is dismantling carboard boxes, keeps him amused for days. All the plush cat pillows/beds don't cut it, give him a cardboard box and he'll happily sit in that instead. Gotta love him!

My fella is the same with the cardboards boxes, literally breaks them down to little bits over a few days, his favorite is for me to stick a birds feather through the holes he has made in it, literally he goes mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Oooh, another one! Our little dog Satsu will drink out of any puddle full of muck he finds, but if there's a bit of dust or hair in his water bowl in the house he won't drink it. :rolleyes: Wouldn't mind only his method of eating is to stick his head in his food bowl and smoosh it 'round, then lick his face clean. But what he can't reach to lick he washes off in the water bowl and then, suprise! he doesn't want to drink from it! If tried putting out multiple bowls but he's having none of it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,439 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My dog likes strawberries, prunes, brown bread, banana, Ryvita, etc.

:rolleyes:

He adores cushions as well. Sometimes you have to arrange them at his insistence, same with his bed! He loves the car, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

In addition to all the stuff in my previous post, my two dogs have eaten every single pea from our garden, pulled them neatly off the plants and ate them pods and all. They also pulled the carrots and ate them too.
    Lucky I planted the strawberries in a hanging basket;)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

My dog likes strawberries, prunes, brown bread, banana, Ryvita, etc.

:rolleyes:

He adores cushions as well. Sometimes you have to arrange them at his insistence, same with his bed! He loves the car, too.

S/He's nice and regular then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

my childhood cat was afraid of birds... used to hide when she saw one in the garden.. to be fair to her, she ended up at the vets with a swollen paw which apparantly was an infection caused by a bird peck .. she also as a kitten, saw off the local bully dog..

the cats who live with me now, refuse point blank to drink water from a bowl, it started when they were kittens and they'd take a break from storming around the house like elephants in the middle of the night to sip my partners glass of iced water he'd taken to bed. Or from the coffee table where we always have dinner, I tried a pint glass by the food bowls but no joy, until we came up with their very own glass of water on the coffee table . thats the only place they'll have a drink. We'll be watching Tv and one will jump up, go for the wrong glass and all I have to do is say "not that one" and they'll turn around and drink from their own !!

One of them also throws her tummy up for a rub all the time too !

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

april99 wrote: »
    My cat definitely goes against the grain! He loves to play fetch, drops a toy in my lap and waits til I throw it,retrieves it and it starts all over again!This could go on for ages!!

Two of my cats do this as well. Rufus loves to play with pasta, he knows when we're having some for dinner and HAS to be given a piece to play fetch with (uncooked!!)
    Zeke used to take paper lollipop sticks and walk around with them in his mouth like he was smoking! Now he loves the top of the cat food container, its a long piece of tetra pack, I think!! He'll find one, bring it in and drop it in front of you. He jumps up to some amazing heights in the air to catch it, would make a great goalie!

Pixie is our Matrix cat, she's our smallest but sounds like a panther when playing with her brother. She does this side bounce off the wall when you play chasing with her.

Rufus also likes to swim when having a drink, he'll lie across the bowl and splash at the water, then have a drink, comes back to you soaking!

Himself and Hughie loves going for walks and hang off the back door to let you know they want one, only grateful they can't get it open.

Sonny loves to be fed grass and will sit beside the bowl waiting for you to come in and hand feed him. He also loves to find toys and will walk around calling to let you know he's got one so you can come and give him a love.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I tried a pint glass by the food bowls but no joy, until we came up with their very own glass of water on the coffee table . thats the only place they'll have a drink. We'll be watching Tv and one will jump up, go for the wrong glass and all I have to do is say "not that one" and they'll turn around and drink from their own !!

I'm relieved I'm not the only disgraceful human being who allows the cat drink from a glass. One of my guys is so bad he pesters me if I have a glass of water, until I give him a drink. I end up gulping most of the glass down and then holding the end of it at an angle so he can drink it. The whole scene is reminiscent of how toddlers demand a drink from an adult's glass - it's weird. If I won't give him a drink he'll sit and yowl at me for some - and it's only water! He won't touch things like tea or cola or milk, just water, except it has to be MY water.

Advertisement