Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Options
  • 26-09-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I picked it up at around lunchtime and have been playing it since. I'm loving it.

I wasn't too keen on the character roster but after playing a while I found I had my favourites that kick ass and are a lot of fun to play. I got it on PS3 and it comes with an unlock code for Thor who, being a god, is a tad powerful. I suppose I could even him out by having the Invisible Girl on my team, as she's absolutly useless.

There's a couple of other characters who really stand out. The Thing is pretty cool and it's fun having him pick up a henchman and use him as a weapon. And Deadpool is hilarious.

Oh, and it's got an appearance by Stan Lee, so that's always a good thing. :D

All in all, it's not really a huge change from the original and it's fairly repetative if you don't want to change your team about. And it has some really weird bugs. For example, one of the new additions are leaders, who give nearby enemies a stat boost, the idea being that you'll want to take them out first. But if you have a big character who picks people up and you pick up a leader, they'll still give their henchmen a boost even when you are using the leader like a club to beat the henchmen to death. It's a tad odd.

Anyone else playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I wanted to give it a rent yesterday due to decreased funds for purchase, but Activision never sent any rental copies to Xtra-Vision. Hooray.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,774 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished the Anti-reg side last night (I had very little to do this weekend)

Overall, a pretty good game, but I preferred the first one. The Fusion moves are good, but there was nothing like building up each characters momentum and hitting all their special moves in a row like the first game. Most of the Fusion moves are very similar with certain types of characters too.

The characters are alright, but a lot of them I've never even heard of, both playable and non-playable. I wouldn't be a huge comics fan anyway but, Cloak and Dagger? Yellowjacket? Penance?

The briefing stations between the main missions are also a lot smaller than before. I used to enjoy walking round, finding hidden rooms, searching for the Daredevil and Black Panther statues, talking to loads of NPCs. Now you finish most of it in about 10 minutes

Its also a lot easier than the first one I reckon. I think only one of my team died during the whole game, and I rarely had to use the health things.

Overall, if you enjoyed the first, I definitely recommend it. Gameplay is as great as ever and it has a great story, but to new fans I'd recommend picking up the first one instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

First game bored me to tears. I mean I enjoyed games like Baldur's gate on the PS2, but Marvel UA was the most repetitive thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Finished on anti-reg over teh weekend also on super heroic level, doing pro reg on ledgendary as at the moment. Can't say I find it awful hard, the way things are going I'll have nearly everything, incl. collectables, done by the weekend. I'll hold on to it tho, see what DLC comes out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Know anywhere that'd have the first one for the xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Most places will still stock the first one, it was a pretty popular game. I can't currently afford to get the second one, though I'm really looking forward to playing it. I still have one achievement to get in the first one, for finishing the game on Hard. I played it so much, I kinda burnt myself out, so it's hard to go back to it!

Advertisement