Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perks to having a pet.

Options
  • 26-09-2009 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Right,with all the doom and bloody gloom around I reckon an upbeat thread is called for. Now,we all know the serious stuff about pet care,and the rewards we get. This is more about the trivial little things. Like having an excuse to go somewhere free every weekend coz the mutt needs an adventure. Or never having to clean up a spill in the kitchen because the furry hoover is there before you can say "mop"! Or the enhanced postal delivery service,with added barking and teeth marks for each envelope. And the social side of having to reassure people that although he's trying his best to look like a wild dingo on speed he is quite friendly,honest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The lack of spiders and insects in the house because the cat eats them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

They give you the best welcomes. Even if you've only been out to the bin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Excuse to leave some where and go home because "the dog needs medicine" or "the dogs need to be fed".

The doorbell warning, our is very dodgy but never fear - the dogs will let us know!

And my OH's favorite - "I think the dog farted" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Excuse to leave some where and go home because "the dog needs medicine" or "the dogs need to be fed".

The doorbell warning, our is very dodgy but never fear - the dogs will let us know!

And my OH's favorite - "I think the dog farted" :D
    :D:D yep to all three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Let's see....
    Cat warms your feet in bed at night...
    Never see a mouse or rat..unless they're dead.
    No bird poo on the washing...cats sit under the clothes line...
    Never need a shredder for those important papers...dogs do it much better:D
    Dogs bring the dirty washing to you, socks are the favorite..
    No need for doorbell(or burglar alarm)...
    Always someone there for a cuddle...
    and people always stop and chat when they see a cute doggy or two:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

mymo wrote: »
    Let's see....
    Cat warms your feet in bed at night...
    Never see a mouse or rat..unless they're dead.

So so true!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The amount of pretty girls/women you get talking to when you're being pulled about by a nice, friendly dog is unreal :D

(Note: this can also be a disadvantage should you already be spoken for)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Giving you more than your recommended 30 mins of exercise every day while having fun with the dogs.
    Meeting new people when your dogs makes friends with theirs.
    Never needing a hot water bottle in bed - you have mobile ones who keep you nice and snug.
    Knowing there's someone who loves you no matter what you do, and who will always comfort you when you're down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Falling asleep to your cat asleep on your ahead and the sound of her purring :P. It's quite relaxing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

We have throws on the couches and one of the dogs curls up underneath them and falls asleep at night. He looks so snug and happy in his little bundle and when you stick your head in he smells like warm cornflakes!

The "chasing rabbits" dreams are so funny!

When they finally learnt to bring the ball back when playing fetch!

Just seeing those tails wag when we've come home from a long day at work!

Getting to gush about them to other animal lovers on boards!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Slugs wrote: »
    Falling asleep to your cat asleep on your ahead and the sound of her purring :P. It's quite relaxing :P

I love that. Or when they're purring really loudly and you can't get asleep, finally they stop and you say "good boy" or something and they start up again at the sound of your voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

the entertainment they provide which is better than watching tv. my two jack russells spend ages standing like statues peering around the corner of the armchairs watching and stalking each other, each ready to pounce, playfight, do a few laps of the sittingroom-kitchen-hall-sittingroom, cuddle up together and then start it all again 10 mins later.

very little waste food.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

A reason to get up in the morning and not just stay in bed late, although this can be quite annoying when you want to sleep in! A furry alarmclock! An excuse to get exercise and stay fit when its lashing rain and the dog needs to be walked!

Advertisement