Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassins Creed 2

• 26-09-2009 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Is there any other fans out there that have played Assassins Creed??

If there are, are you as excited as I am for the next installment of the series?... I have to say I saw an E3 trailer and WOW... It has so many different things to the first game...

Only another month before it is out...;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Can't wait to be honest - have my booking on the black edition with the statue (have the first one, so would have to kill myself if I didn't have both)

The first was a little bit repetitive but it was a whole lot of fun and stylish as anything, pretty excited indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just started playing AC today and I very much like it so far. Excellent graphics and atmosphere. Some repetition beginning to creep in but if they manage to introduce a little bit more variety into the sequel, then we should be on to a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I really cant wait for this game. I loved the first one and this one can only get better! Or at least I hope so!

The only downside is that Left 4 Dead 2 is out the same day, the wallet is going to be empty that week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭X_X

Yeah i watched the trailer for it.... Actually here it is if anyone wants to watch it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX3O1O5gLQw

I mean I was hooked from the start... Also I was thinking of reserving the black edition, but I am unsure whether to do it now or not..:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Looks good, cant wait to see how the multiplayer will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yep really enjoyed the first one and have hopes that this will be better and avoid the criticisms of the fist game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

It looks amazing

OK here are a few links to some gameplay of the new Assassins Creed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a12e3iKzqlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-NzkHRSwaQ

Well there are all on YouTube but just in case you forget to look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Very much looking forward to this game. Not much of a gamer, but loved the first one. Repetition got annoying. 18 different missions, bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Can't wait for this either! first one was class, gorgeous looking too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The achievements/trophies lists are out: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-2/achievements/

Beware though, there be slight spoilers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Wasnt that exited untill i found out its based in Florence. Amazing city, cant wait for it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I remember for the first one I couldnt wait. Looked bloody brilliant. In the end it was one of the most disapointing repetitive games I ever played. Will be very cautious of picking this one up.

I wasn't too fond of the repetition either but after watching some of the development diary's of the game that they have up on YouTube I can now be reassured that the repetition is a thing of the past.

What they have shown so far will definitely urge me to buy this game.... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Great preview here showing how much variety there is in this one

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-assassins-creed/58152

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

After reading a couple of the hands-on previews:
    IGN
    CVG
    Eurogamer
    ... I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on this game!

I pre-ordered it from Play.com, the Black edition.

Fingers crossed that they ship it in time though that I'm not sitting waiting on it while others can play it on release day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

One of the only games I have actually been waiting for. Not much of a gamer either, but really enjoyed just walking around in the first one, it's so fluid. I think because the main critiscism of the 1st one was repitition they must have been real careful this time.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Omg... that looks awesome.

Day 1 purchase I think, for sure!

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It looks amazing, but then again so did the first one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The first one was amazing looking, but was slightly less so when playing. It was fun, but repetitive. By the sounds of all the three "hands on" previews above, they have addressed everything that people disliked with the original, and made it into something fantastic!

The only thing that I noted that was being complained about was that after playing Batman: Arkham Asylum, the fighting didn't seem as smooth. But as the fighting in Batman is miles better than any other game out there that I can think of, then I don't think that's too much to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

What will a game like this retail at? €55? Can see it on eBay for under €40, wondering if that's a better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

HMV pre-order deal till Monday £37 plus delivery, not too bad. And just checked, Asda have it for £37 and free delivery to Ireland and they ship early so you will have it release day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

AC had so much potential. Unfortunately it has so much lazy copy/paste design.
    But there were times when it really shined.
    I'm liking what I see of ACII. I'll pick it up a little later tho I think.

Yeah I'm the same.... I plan to get the game around Christmas time for a present.... :D

Advertisement