Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time puppy family

Options
  • 26-09-2009 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

I'm sure its been asked so many times before but I am in need of a little advices regarding a 15 week old boxer pup. We have her 2 weeks now and I will be getting her 2nd vacination done next week (1st one was 2 weeks ago) Do i need to get any more after this or is it yearly? What is the best worming treatment. I have wormed her 2 weeks ago so I presume I do it again in 2 weeks. I used Zantel. What food should I use? I have given her pedigree but have now changed to Oke. Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

First off congratulations on the new pup:)
    Ask the vet about vacs, 2 rounds is the norm with a yearly booster, if you're planning on putting the dog in kennels at some time you will need kennel cough vac at least a week before it goes in, This is also yearly.
    Worming I usually do every 2 weeks until 12 weeks, then monthly until 6 months and then 3 monthly.
    As for food, there are many brands best to go for the best you can afford, do a search there's a few threads on here about quality foods.
    Also one thing I found great was our older dog had been part house trained when we got him and the lady had used a command "do your business", we kept it up and did the same with new pup, it's very useful as they will toilet on command and if you're out or in the car you can tell them when and where to go.
    Just watch for the signs and as pup starts to go say your command then praise like mad, doesn't take long for them to catch on, then when you let them out to go, say command and they'll go.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement