Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with teenager!

Options
  • 26-09-2009 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭

Ok will start at the beginning. Marriage is broke up 10 months, no contact with my ex, the dad!
    Now she(my teenager) is becoming way to out of hand, her favourite words are to tell me to fuck off.If i say much back all i get is that she feels to blame for everything that happened that i dont listen to her, i dont love her as much as the boys.
    All this is hard to listen to, she never says hello or goodnight,she does nothing to help around the house, even when now i refuse to give her pocket money.
    Im not that great at just talking, but i feels like she is becoming a stranger in our home. should i be looking into counselling for her, or is this just normal everyday teenage behaviour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

joes girls wrote: »
    should i be looking into counselling for her

jus wanted to say that it'll be a family counselling for you, not just for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds like she is angry and unhappy with the changes in her life and counsellng may be a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Sounds like she is being a brat and using the break-up as a way of preventing you of disiplining her. I come from a situation like that and my sister always used that approach. She is now uncontrollable.

I am sure your daughter is upset at the break-up, but the situation is not uncommon these days! You and her father need to join up together and be seen as a united front against her hormonal outbursts. Explain that you both do love her and it wasn't her fault and then remind her that when ye have arguments that BS she tries to throw in your face won't work. But then again this will have to include dad being on your side, perhaps that will not be the easiest thing to do. But please trust me, nothing good will come of her not being disciplined. She will not love or respect you for it!

And as others have said, she may need to talk to someone as well. Although this happens frequently she may feel alone.

Advertisement