Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Couldn't Believe I Was The Only One Turned Up!

• 26-09-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

There was a wonderful Welsh trad group at Cois na hAbhna last night, they were "Allan yny Fan" - but I was the only person bothered to turn up to hear them. As they had gone to all the bother of setting all their sound system up, they played a few tunes/songs, more or less just for my benefit although they said they wanted to practise some new stuff anyway! Not only that, but they gave me a copy of their latest CD "Trosnant"!

I felt that the least I could do is to tell people that they missed what should have been a great evening!

http://www.ayyf.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/allanynyfan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Definitely sucks when that happens. I know a few musicians and that sort of thing happening is par for the course. They sound like a generous bunch anyway so fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Cois na hAbhna is quite badly advertised I find, in comparison to say Glor. I often drive past and see a busy car park and wonder what is on. They could stick some posters up on the road at a minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I think it's a comhaltas thing, not advertising, or not see the need to advertise. Two years ago in Monkstown on Paddy's nite the only one to turn up for a ceilidh was the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Googled Cois na hAbhna and found events listing at:
    http://www.coisnahabhna.ie/events.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 chucky82

just gtta say hahahahahaaahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

chucky82 wrote: »

Do you really think it was worth the effort if you can't contribute something more useful to the thread?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cois na hAbhna is quite badly advertised I find, in comparison to say Glor. I often drive past and see a busy car park and wonder what is on. They could stick some posters up on the road at a minimum.

I have to agree with Bowsie with this 100%, there seems to be the impression that people should go to the effort to find out what's on when and where and then go to it, there's no effort put into advertising, I only found out recently that they have put in a bar out there (note to self add to other thread), what a great night could be had out there, I've never seen anything advertised, heaven forbid they were to do something like put on a bus service from the centre of town out there to it or something like that to encourage people out to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

chucky82 wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself. If you want people to come, you have to advertise. Hopefully the welsh boys will understand this, and work on it next time.

Glor isn't exactly well promoted either. Went to director supported by local band, C!ties. 30 people there. In a venue for 500. Something has to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Glor isn't exactly well promoted either. Went to director supported by local band, C!ties. 30 people there. In a venue for 500. Something has to change.

I was there too! And only half the people there were there for C!ties. Including me :) I got my ticket for a fiver. I feel bad for the people who paid €18! :eek:

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    I was there too! And only half the people there were there for C!ties. Including me :) I got my ticket for a fiver. I feel bad for the people who paid €18! :eek:

Yeah, I was there for C!ties too! And also got my ticket for a fiver. The guy who went in before me paid for two tickets-€36! It was criminal. Director were quite good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yeah, I was there for C!ties too! And also got my ticket for a fiver. The guy who went in before me paid for two tickets-€36! It was criminal. Director were quite good though.

No. They weren't AT ALL! They were awful! I wanted to leave about five minutes after they started, but no, my friends wanted to stay :(
    C!ties rocked the crap out of it though. They are class.

Then I went out and got locked. Awesome. Acceptable night overall.

Edit: I believe I know you ;)

Advertisement