Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs / Clubs

• 26-09-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

hi everyone it is my first post in this forum. Me and two friends will be out in waterford tonight. Can someone please tell me a few good places to go? Thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

kingtut wrote: »
    hi everyone it is my first post in this forum. Me and two friends will be out in waterford tonight. Can someone please tell me a few good places to go? Thanks :-)

It depends what your into man,

Any pub with a big crowd is going to be good, Check out Henry downes for something a bit different if you are out early.

Good buzz I always find in T & H Doolin's Pub if you fancy a bit of live music. Reveloutions or Kazbar I guess for trendy pubs.

I never goto nightclubs so I can't really help ya there but there is a latebar called harveys with an epic smoking room that is good but expensive that I go to.

and as I continue to say, "I cant stand Geoffs" :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

ziedth wrote: »
    It depends what your into man,

Any pub with a big crowd is going to be good, Check out Henry downes for something a bit different if you are out early.

Good buzz I always find in T & H Doolin's Pub if you fancy a bit of live music. Reveloutions or Kazbar I guess for trendy pubs.

I never goto nightclubs so I can't really help ya there but there is a latebar called harveys with an epic smoking room that is good but expensive that I go to.

and as I continue to say, "I cant stand Geoffs" :pac::pac::pac:

Thanks Ziedth. Can you tell me are those places all in and around the city centre? I guess somewhere where we can have a convo without having to be mouth to ear would be good. Also a bar that has a few pool tables maybe...

I guess we will only go clubbing if the lads are hunting for women ha ha

On another note am I right that there is no cinema in Waterford now? The one on the hill near the big shopping centre seems to be shutdown....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

they're all within walking distance of each other. Best places by far are revolutions, Harveys, Masons (all like 2 minutes from each other). Ruby's is a head wreck full of teens and music can be bad and then you have to pay €10 for the privelege of going in. The three places I mentioned are free. The cinema (storm cinema) is in poleberry and only 5 minutes walk (where penneys are)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

The Jam Tarts are upstairs in the Kazbar tonight if you want to hear a great live band..they go on until late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thanks for all the ideas. In kazbar at the moment. Nice spot :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

vixenbees wrote: »
    The Jam Tarts are upstairs in the Kazbar tonight if you want to hear a great live band..they go on until late.

What kinda stuff do the jamtarts do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

a decent mixed set....unfortunately they've been playing the same one for the past 4 years or so

Advertisement