Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to cut trees which overhang Dart rail line

Options
  • 26-09-2009 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I have some spruce trees at the end of the garden which have grown so tall that they are obscuring the view to my Sky dish and I therefore need to prune them back in a big way. However if I cut them down myself they are certain to come down on top of the electric cables above the Dart train line at the end of my garden.

I know I could call a tree surgeon on this but I'm not up for paying for it - I'm in rented accomodation and might not be here long. I doubt the landlord will be interested in paying for it either.

Can Iarnrod Eireann hepl with this? I know of cases where the ESB/Eircom have gone around chopping down trees. Anyone know who I could call in Iarnrod Eireann to ask? Their website leaves me none the wiser.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement