Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford United vs. Bohemians - EA Final - Tonight

• 26-09-2009 12:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a reminder for those who forgot or were unaware..

Waterford United are facing Bohemians tonight for the EA Sports Cup final at the RSC, with kick of at 5.30pm. This is the third time in its 35 year history Waterford have played in the final.

Hopefully there will be a big crowd out there tonight to cheer on the club. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Good luck lads, hope you thrash em! As a Rovers fan we need all the help we can get in knocking Bohs' confidence going in to the last few games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Game is sold out but on Setanta 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Went to Ger Wyley's to get my tickets this morning but they had been sent back.
    Anyone know if there's any tickets on sale later?
    Given our attendances this season I hadn't figured on needing a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

WLR are saying that there's standing tickets still available - where though I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

No stand tickets left so?

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    Game is sold out but on Setanta 1.

I find that hard to believe. Given the increased price I thought there'd be even less than for a league game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It's a final. People get excited by finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

showry wrote: »
    I find that hard to believe. Given the increased price I thought there'd be even less than for a league game.

Both stands are sold out. Standing is around the ground only

kensutz wrote: »
    Both stands are sold out. Standing is around the ground only

fair fcuks to them, my own fault for not getting a ticket, pub it is then.
    I hope they all come back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Friends got two seated tickets 10mins ago. Some still available at main enterance it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

United 0 - 2 Bohs so far, goals from a free kick and penalty. Disapointing!

Make that 3 goals to Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

not looking good for the lads.

Final score.. United 1 3 Bohs. :/

they gave it a good go in the second half in fairness,
    no shame, bohs are the best team in the country by a margin,
    if we were to get half that crowd at the RSC every fortnight it'd make some difference

That's the problem though. A lot of sunshine supporters were out today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    That's the problem though. A lot of sunshine supporters were out today.

What are you talkin about, how are so called "sunshine supporters" the problem? Its because of people like you that no one goes down there....

Its because of people like you that no one goes down there....

I'm not sure of your logic here. Are you really saying that the reasoning behind someone's decision not to go to the loi is based on other people's opinions? Surely if you went regularly you wouldn't be a "sunshine" so that comment wouldn't apply anyway.

I'm not sure of your logic here. Are you really saying that the reasoning behind someone's decision not to go to the loi is based on other people's opinions? Surely if you went regularly you wouldn't be a "sunshine" so that comment wouldn't apply anyway.

What im saying is there are a certain amount of Waterford United supporters who are happy the way things are and would be negative towards any new people turning up at the RSC....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Were the offiicals as bad as the lads on the radio were saying or was it a sort of bias commentry, which i would doubt would happen.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Were the offiicals as bad as the lads on the radio were saying or was it a sort of bias commentry, which i would doubt would happen.

didn't seem any worse than normal,
    penalty seemed quite clear cut, Mick Devine's goal was out of the officials' hands (as well as his own).
    If it's bad officials you're after, the Dungarvan v Cappoquinn intermediate hurling was the place to be today,

I found it hard to tell from the stand, but it seemed that way and the supporters around me were pretty peeved with the ref.

What are you talkin about, how are so called "sunshine supporters" the problem? Its because of people like you that no one goes down there....

There to me would appear to be a problem or two within the club which to me does not help the whole thing. A while back i emailed the club and made a few suggestions, like say coming to Dungarvan maybe once a month for a day and sell lotto tickets in the shopping centre, maybe a ticket that you buy and be put in for every draw that month. I also suggested that an outlet be found in Dungarvan to sell club merchandise.

I was told in no certain circumstances that what i suggested was not on. I was told that tickets are for sale from so and so in Dungarvan and also in such and such a pub. I dont think they realise that not every one that shops in Dungarvan is not from Dungarvan and therefore do not know everyone that lives in the town, and i am sure that there is not one person that lives in the town that knows everyone, so to say they can be got from such a person is not on. I am and am sure a number of other people do not drink and therefore have no reason to go into the pubs in Dungarvan just to buy lotto tickets. And anyway, it is mostly early on a Saturday when i am in town and the pubs are not open at that stage.

To me if the people involved with Waterford Utd want the people of the city and the county to support the club they have to get off their arses and to go out and set up or find outlets where people can help out the club by buying lotto tickets, jerseys etc.

Coming up to big G.A.A. matches you see people involved in the g.a.a. give up of their time to sell flags etc in public in Waterford and Dungarvan etc, find outlets for year books etc to be sold. if the G.a.a. can do it, why cant Waterford Utd.

I do not want to be see to critisie, just offering some constructive critism.

Penalty was definetly a dodgy decision other than that they were ok...

There to me would appear to be a problem or two within the club which to me does not help the whole thing. A while back i emailed the club and made a few suggestions, like say coming to Dungarvan maybe once a month for a day and sell lotto tickets in the shopping centre, maybe a ticket that you buy and be put in for every draw that month. I also suggested that an outlet be found in Dungarvan to sell club merchandise.

I was told in no certain circumstances that what i suggested was not on. I was told that tickets are for sale from so and so in Dungarvan and also in such and such a pub. I dont think they realise that not every one that shops in Dungarvan is not from Dungarvan and therefore do not know everyone that lives in the town, and i am sure that there is not one person that lives in the town that knows everyone, so to say they can be got from such a person is not on. I am and am sure a number of other people do not drink and therefore have no reason to go into the pubs in Dungarvan just to buy lotto tickets. And anyway, it is mostly early on a Saturday when i am in town and the pubs are not open at that stage.

To me if the people involved with Waterford Utd want the people of the city and the county to support the club they have to get off their arses and to go out and set up or find outlets where people can help out the club by buying lotto tickets, jerseys etc.

Coming up to big G.A.A. matches you see people involved in the g.a.a. give up of their time to sell flags etc in public in Waterford and Dungarvan etc, find outlets for year books etc to be sold. if the G.a.a. can do it, why cant Waterford Utd.

Afaik, they sell tickets both in the club, on the night and in some shop in Waterford. The new club online shop will, hopefully, sell tickets also.

didn't seem any worse than normal,
    penalty seemed quite clear cut, Mick Devine's goal was out of the officials' hands (as well as his own).
    If it's bad officials you're after, the Dungarvan v Cappoquinn intermediate hurling was the place to be today,

I was there.

Yeah at the end of the day the GAA is in people's blood, its a family thing there will always be support for Waterford GAA, there is a certain amount of arrogance with not just the people at Waterford United but with Irish soccer in general there is a lot of anti GAA feeling with these people, when in my view they should be focusing there energy on people who follow english soccer religiously...

Its because of people like you that no one goes down there....

I am not a Waterford United supporter. I have never attended a game. I wasn't at the game today and I have no intention of ever going. If Waterford United could get half of what attended tonight on a regular basis then they wouldn't haver the financial troubles of the past while.

People who come out for the big games, they are sunshine supporters. Every team has them. Same happens for hurling and other sports too.

I am not a Waterford United supporter. I have never attended a game. I wasn't at the game today and I have no intention of ever going. If Waterford United could get half of what attended tonight on a regular basis then they wouldn't haver the financial troubles of the past while.

People who come out for the big games, they are sunshine supporters. Every team has them. Same happens for hurling and other sports too.

Yeah thats true. But if Waterford United had "sunshine supporters" in the RSC tonight its the people who run the club's fault and not the "sunshine supporter". If Real Madrid came to the RSC obviously there would be more supporters there because come on, Real Madrid are bigger than Wexford youths are'nt they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Don't knock the sunshine supporters, I spoke to guys there tonight who rarely come to the rsc but after tonight said they'd like to in future.They may or may not,but reaching a cup final has stirred up some interest in the club.

Success breeds success in football and the more success United have the more people will turn up to games.
    These 'sunshine supporters' along with the young lads are the future of our club, don't knock them,embrace them.

Advertisement