Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kc registering a dog

Options
  • 26-09-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I know a man who is giong to sell me an ess pup pedigree for £120, but its not kc registered, can i register the pup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

EastTyrone wrote: »
    I know a man who is giong to sell me an ess pup pedigree for £120, but its not kc registered, can i register the pup?

im trying to answer this from memory so bear with me....You can IF both parents are registered and the breeder supplies you with the detail, but its normally the breeders job to register the litter and then pass the information on to you...However, if any one of the parents arent registered or if the bitch was under 12 months when she was bred or over 8 years of age then the litter cannot be registered unless the kennel club gave permission for the bitch to be bred at over 8 years old. Also, the bitch is only allowed a maximum of 6 litters in her lifetime.
    My gut instinct on this one is that if you are wanting a KC registered pup
    then walk away and look for another breeder, there are plenty of really top class spaniel men in Northern Ireland who sell excellent trialling/working dogs and all their pups are registered...simply go along to a field trial and make a few contacts and youll find yourself in the midst of good doggy men who will put you onto an excellent pup ..cos if you want a good apple you go to the tree;) on the other hand if you are looking for a good working dog then look at the parents before you buy because the pup could turn out the best and a good registered dog from good lines will cost you more than 120 ..the rest is up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

EastTyrone wrote: »

you cant.

but the breeder of the pup should be able to do so ,i think its 25 euro a pup .

the sire and the dam will have to be reg also and the mating will have to conform to IKC standards.

also the pup your buying would not be classed as pedigree with out papers.

then again what do you expect for £120 ,a FTC .

i bought a EES bitch for £40 off a lad ,"i liked the sire and dam ".

i shot many a head of game with her ,if you like the pup dont worrie about papers as the dog will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

im trying to answer this from memory so bear with me....You can IF both parents are registered and the breeder supplies you with the detail, but its normally the breeders job to register the litter and then pass the information on to you...However, if any one of the parents arent registered or if the bitch was under 12 months when she was bred or over 8 years of age then the litter cannot be registered unless the kennel club gave permission for the bitch to be bred at over 8 years old. Also, the bitch is only allowed a maximum of 6 litters in her lifetime.
    My gut instinct on this one is that if you are wanting a KC registered pup
    then walk away and look for another breeder, there are plenty of really top class spaniel men in Northern Ireland who sell excellent trialling/working dogs and all their pups are registered...simply go along to a field trial and make a few contacts and youll find yourself in the midst of good doggy men who will put you onto an excellent pup ..cos if you want a good apple you go to the tree;) on the other hand if you are looking for a good working dog then look at the parents before you buy because the pup could turn out the best and a good registered dog from good lines will cost you more than 120 ..the rest is up to you.
    thanks foxshooter, both parents are registered and the father is a field trial champion, the man is just breeding them to keep the bloodline going, not for money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

jwshooter wrote: »
    you cant.

but the breeder of the pup should be able to do so ,i think its 25 euro a pup .

the sire and the dam will have to be reg also and the mating will have to conform to IKC standards.

also the pup your buying would not be classed as pedigree with out papers.

then again what do you expect for £120 ,a FTC .

i bought a EES bitch for £40 off a lad ,"i liked the sire and dam ".

i shot many a head of game with her ,if you like the pup dont worrie about papers as the dog will not.
    im not worried about the dog its more to do if i breed the bitch i would like to make soe money of her lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

thank fully now there is a lot of guys that are breeding a litter ,for a pup for themselves and are selling the rest of the pups none reg,to stop unscrupulous people puppy farming.not saying you would just mate your dog for profit.

i know this happing a lot in the FT world ,i bet the pup he is keeping is registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Youll still get €250 for a non registered pup if mammy and daddy are good gun dogs. It depends on what you want a good rough shooting dog aor a dog for trials.

My latest springer comes from a registered mammy and no registered daddy and by God he is a good un..

Advertisement