Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ice hockey photo chance

• 26-09-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

There is an ice hockey game on in the Charlestown(finglas) ice hockey rink at 8pm, its located in the Charlestown shopping center. Its the senior A league teams, so it will be a good game to watch. Chiefs verses Spartans(i think).

You will get some great shots if you head down, even with a slow lense. The place is very well lit, and the ice bounces that light right up into the players faces. However, you will only have a chance to shoot from one side of the rink as its boarded up on the other side, and plexi glass surrounds the rest of it, so it wont be the best for shooting through.

Fast paced game, loads of sweat and energy, really big people being thrown about the place like rag dolls, and pucks going at literally 80-100mph.

Just thought id pass on the good word encase there's any sport nuts on here with some free time tonight.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

do you know how much admission is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    do you know how much admission is?
    €14, I think. I saw it on the site the other day but can't seem to find it now.
    Was thinking of going along just to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Myself and Paul Walsh did shot some Ice Hocey earlier on in the year and it was great, really fast and a real challenge to shoot. Used everything from 300mm down to 15mm and overexposed by around a stop to control the camera underexposing due to the ice.

Full set here http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithjack/sets/72157613249736438/

3245347219_72bedc5247.jpg

3245344413_7ca5178750.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Did anyone go? If so id love to see some pics!

• Advertisement
Advertisement