Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Alarm or Not ?

Options
  • 26-09-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Have an old, at least 12 years, alarm panel about 12 inches by 8 by 3. It has 1 green power led, i 12 digit keypad and a single digit red lcd. No brand or model number on the panel which is made of metal. When I open case the power transformer has an Aritech sticker on it. Due to power problem I had to default system by taking out LK1 jumper. I was able to get into eng.mode with 01278, 44 will let me change arming code. default reset the contacts still work but sensors dont, i need to rest them but have no codes for this. Any help out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

antomag wrote: »
    Have an old, at least 12 years, alarm panel about 12 inches by 8 by 3. It has 1 green power led, i 12 digit keypad and a single digit red lcd. No brand or model number on the panel which is made of metal. When I open case the power transformer has an Aritech sticker on it. Due to power problem I had to default system by taking out LK1 jumper. I was able to get into eng.mode with 01278, 44 will let me change arming code. default reset the contacts still work but sensors dont, i need to rest them but have no codes for this. Any help out there.

Hi antomag,
    The 1278 brought you into eng mode on the panel. you need to go through the menu to get to zones. In zones you go into shock sensors and accept, set the gross and pulse count to 5 and 5 on the zones that have the shock sensors on them. this should get them working for you. Make sure what ever zone the front door is on is on entry/exit too this is in zone types..
    Go into the user menu also and change the user and eng code.
    Hope this helps, any problems let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 antomag

I have no codes or manual to do any of this, i dont know what model the alarm is either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

antomag wrote: »
    I have no codes or manual to do any of this, i dont know what model the alarm is either

It is an aritech, the 1278 code is the default code for the eng mode. The default user is 1122. Enter the user code then enter the eng code this should let you in once you have defaulted the panel to factory settings.
    Any problems, let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 antomag

this model of aritech only has a 1 digit lcd display. it does not say zones or anything like that. i can get into eng mode with 01287 iwas able to change the default user code from 1122 by doing 44 newcode * the problem is i have no idea of the codes i need to switch on sensors. I also have no idea of the model i have

Advertisement