Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old English Sheepdog with eye problem

Options
  • 26-09-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone could help me out here.
    Have an old english who is about 7 yrs old. Had him with the vet last night and its seems he has cataracts in both of his eyes. Sight is very poor seemingly at the moment and wont imporove without an operation. Big problem is the cost - vet saying could cost around € 5k !!! :eek:

Has anyone come across this b4 - need some advise on what to do - he's a big part of the family. :(

Could each eye be done at different times?
    How soon b4 his sight goes fully?
    How successfull would the op be considering his age?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

i would get a second opinion. I know operations are costly but €5K seems excessive. You could also look at a vet who may take payment on a staged payment basis. Sorry I dont know anymore but when gettting the second opinion you could ask about doing the eyes separately - this may cost more as there would be two sedations, two operation times, etc but it might suit you better.

Advertisement