Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madrid

• 26-09-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I just arrived in Madrid and am here till Monday.

I've heard that Retiro Park and the Medina Mayrit are good so gonna check them out tomorrow.

Anyone recommend anything else to do/places to eat tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd definitely recommend Botin to eat in. It's the oldest restaurant in the world and as a result it's very popular so you might have to wait a while to get a table. However the food is excellent and the surroundings are pretty unique so it's worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Zaph wrote: »
    I'd definitely recommend Botin to eat in. It's the oldest restaurant in the world and as a result it's very popular so you might have to wait a while to get a table. However the food is excellent and the surroundings are pretty unique so it's worth the wait.

Bah called them there and there are fully booked for tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If your in Madrid you should do the tour on the Red bus, It drops you off all the major landmarks in the city, the Royal Palace, Prada Museum etc. Will easily pass a day for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    If your in Madrid you should do the tour on the Red bus, It drops you off all the major landmarks in the city, the Royal Palace, Prada Museum etc. Will easily pass a day for you.

Yeah did that yesterday to get a feel of where everything is. Pretty awful recorded voiceover but it did help me get my bearings.

Heading to the turkish baths and restaurant Medina Mayrit tonight in Sol which should be good.

Anyone know any nice tapas places around Puerto del Sol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Was in Madrid Recently

Tried La Vaca Argentina pretty good but not a tapas bar its steak restaurant

Also did Botin Few good tapas bars around this area behind plaza mayor. Tourist office do a tavern tour for about €7. You dont get to drink but it gives you ideas of Tapas bars to go and lasts about an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    ...the Royal Palace, Prada Museum etc...

Yes, that little-known museum right in between the Gucci Museum and the Versace Museum... of course the Prado Museum, which is an art gallery, is a great place to go! :D

PH4T wrote: »
    Anyone know any nice tapas places around Puerto del Sol?

Take a wander down towards Plaza Santa Ana. There are loads there.

Advertisement