Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230i and CK-7W Bluetooth

• 26-09-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

I have both my 6230i and my CK-7W car kit connected via bluetooth because I broke the cradle but....................

Im sitting here in my sitting room and my car is very close to me so my bluetooth stays activated to the damn car so when the phone rings my car basically rings and not my phone.

WTF?

Surely there must be a workaround for this.

Any help appreciated.

- The Bert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

ya park ur car further away :) if ur still within 10 m it will stay connected best thing 2 do is get out walk far away from the car until it disconnects then stay away from the car coz everytime i open mine it re connects! or just turn off the blue tooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

or just turn off the blue tooth.

I have. I have even made my right key a bluetooth shortcut but it takes a while to switch on and off.

I have a Blackberry Pearl arriving next week so was testing the bluetooth but now this just p*sses me right off.

I have just switched back on my bluetooth and it grabbed onto the car kit straight away.

Car and battery have been off over 15 minutes.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

i know in my van (berlingo) it knocks off after a while. one way to fix it would be to take ur power for kit from an ignition source and not a permenant feed then kit would knock off when u turn off the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

sounds like ur kits live all the time if you can locate the kit and it will be the blue wire this is the igniton wire and connect it to an ignition source. ignition wire on youre radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

paconnors wrote: »
    sounds like ur kits live all the time if you can locate the kit and it will be the blue wire this is the igniton wire and connect it to an ignition source. ignition wire on youre radio

Im not going meddling with that but thank you.

The car is a company car and the company has a lot of sh*t wired into the ignition, notably a GPS tracking system.

Im not proficient enough to be meddling with wires so I will pass but thank you anyway.

BTW I bought the blackberry refurb on Ebay because my company is too tight to upgrade my 6230i themselves so as I wont fit in the cradle I need the bluetooth working as well. I have bought a cradle and a in car charger as well.

If I submit the receipts they will just LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLOL and possible some ROFL at me. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the problem is the installation im afraid. the installer just installed the kit to a permanent live instead of an ignition live which would mean it would switch off with the ignition.

most people can get an ignition from the radio loom or from the ciggy lighter.

Advertisement