Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the safety on a Glock 17?

Options
  • 26-09-2009 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

I have a KWA Glock 34 (same as 17 with longer slide)

The manual shows something to do with the trigger but it's in Japanese so I'm not sure of it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

on the trigger there should be a small second trigger looking thing
    when the gun is cocked the main trigger moves out a bit and you can then pull this small trigger up so it is perpendicular to the main trigger
    that'll stop the trigger being pulled untill that small bit has been pushed down into its original position
    (i hope that wasnt confusing:))

http://www.tea-and-medals.co.uk/images/glock18_triggersafety.jpg

thats what i mean:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Thanks gungun, I just cocked mine there and the small trigger is flush with the big one, thats ready to fire now but how do you get the small trigger to come out from the big trigger?

i just pull it out with a finger nail
    it should click

Vents wrote: »
    I have a KWA G17 and the 'safty' is a 2nd trigger mech. although Mine will fire without it being held down.

See the pic below, thats the safty trigger.

glock17.jpg

So when the small is protruding = safe, small trigger flush with big = fire ?

yep when its like the above pic it'll fire
    when perpendicular the trigger isnt going anywhere:D

• Advertisement

gungun wrote: »
    i just pull it out with a finger nail
    it should click

Wow you must have small fingers I can't get the safety out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yup, the gun cant be accidentally fired since the trigger safety prevents this. It needs a finger to pull in the small safety trigger before the actual trigger. :)

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Wow you must have small fingers I can't get the safety out!

:D

it could be a bit stiff the first time
    give it a go with a knife but if you feel you have to use a lot of presure it may end up breaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Actually... These safeties, on a well used gun, dont work like it says on the tin. I once had an embarassing incident involving a loaded glock and my inner thigh. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK was all I said.

Perhaps a bit of rubber behind the trigger to block it? Or buy a better gun than a f*cking glock

Masada wrote: »
    Yup, the gun cant be accidentally fired since the trigger safety prevents this. It needs a finger to pull in the small safety trigger before the actual trigger. :)

Thanks again Masada but you see when I cock mine, ready to shoot the trigger is ready to fire (flush with each other) when it should be sticking out a bit(on safe) and then I squeeze the trigger thus pushing the safety?

• Advertisement

lol
    yea mine when off when i holstered it in a mag pouch:p then again i didnt have the trigger safety on:o
    scared the sh*t outta me
    once the safety is on it works great for me though

Phractal wrote: »
    Actually... These safeties, on a well used gun, dont work like it says on the tin. I once had an embarassing incident involving a loaded glock and my inner thigh. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK was all I said.

Perhaps a bit of rubber behind the trigger to block it? Or buy a better gun than a f*cking glock

Nah I think it works (I hope) its just I'm not 100% on how to use it!

It can only accidentally discharge if something touches the trigger enough to trip the safety and if something does that, the person holding the gun is to blame. If you get into the habbit of not instinctively fingering the trigger when your not ready to fire then it avoids the problem altogether., :)
    I use a number of different KWA glocks and love the safety. its fool proof and cant catch you out like some others like the M9 or similar. :)

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Nah I think it works (I hope) its just I'm not 100% on how to use it!

If the gun is uncocked its usually level with the trigger, but when ya cock it, the safety protrudes so it becomes the first part you touch if you pull the trigger. It doesnt prevent you from pulling the trigger like some safety's, it simply prevents the trigger from firing if it got a knock. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Masada: I said 'older' as the safety was well worn down and actually non functioning. This is due to friction and abrasion wearing it down.

I love the M9 as its truly retard proof and a blind monkey can use it. However the 1911 has the BEST safety - half cock, grip safety, and manual safety.

It can only accidentally discharge if something touches the trigger enough to trip the safety and if something does that, the person holding the gun is to blame. If you get into the habbit of not instinctively fingering the trigger when your not ready to fire then it avoids the problem altogether., :)
    I use a number of different KWA glocks and love the safety. its fool proof and cant catch you out like some others like the M9 or similar. :)

It'll take getting used to :p

Thanks guys I'll try again after my lunch

Phractal wrote: »
    Masada: I said 'older' as the safety was well worn down and actually non functioning. This is due to friction and abrasion wearing it down.

I love the M9 as its truly retard proof and a blind monkey can use it. However the 1911 has the BEST safety - half cock, grip safety, and manual safety.

Its actually one of the most unreliable in my experience. M1911s use a single leaf spring in the grip to operate the trigger, hammer sear and the safety. this part very often bends slightly and prevents it from operating.

If the gun is uncocked its usually level with the trigger, but when ya cock it, the safety protrudes so it becomes the first part you touch if you pull the trigger. It doesnt prevent you from pulling the trigger like some safety's, it simply prevents the trigger from firing if it got a knock. :)

Thats the exact opposite to whats happening on mine, the gun is cocked its level, the gun is uncocked the safety protrudes!

lol, its probably just a little sticky, it should be quite loose and freely able to move.

lol, its probably just a little sticky, it should be quite loose and freely able to move.

Yeah she's after turning from tan to black so that could be it!

• Advertisement

That must of been it the black paint kinda welded the two triggers together. I know how to do it now, cock it, push the back of the trigger to make the it protrude a bit and then use my nail to pick it out the other side, easy!

Thanks to all who helped!

EDIT: Its not really a safety that's suited to airsoft, I read it only stops the RS going off when dropped and in my experience so far GBB's don't really go off when their dropped do they?

mine never has
    but i guess its best not to drop them:D

nah its unlikely for it to go off accidentally, Not to say its impossible though.

The real Glock has 2 more safetys aswell as that too.:)

i thought it was just the hair trigger and the heavy first trigger pull
    whats the third?

Theres one on the firing pin aswell.,:)

Advertisement