Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES2009 online lag ! ! !

• 26-09-2009 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi fellow gamers,
    I recently started playing pes 2009 online, what a disaster ! !:mad: The game play is rubbish, it lags all the time and sometimes its unplayable. Does anybody here have this problem? i have checked my ports and my xbox is connected via cable all seems ok there, also is it possable my opponent's are using some sort of gadgets to cheat? it seems there are invisable players on the pitch sometimes, ie: i pass the ball to my player, and when its halfway there it takes its own course and go's to oppisition:cool: wierd ! ! any help with these issues greatfully taken.
    Whats Fifa like?? do they have same prob? iv been playing pes since it first came out but never online, but now im fustrated and thinking of moving over to Fifa. Help me decide guy's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Nah its probably not you or cheaters, PES is just sometimes a joke online!! If you find someone you can have a decent game against send them a friend request and try play them again! Fifa is better online but personally i prefer Pro Evo's gameplay. Konami say theyre trying to sort online for this years release so we'll have to see.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They've been saying that since PES6 in all fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Your a year too late with the PES 09 bashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Your a year too late with the PES 09 bashing.

Yeah now its all about how **** PES 2010 is! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Apparently the online has been completely fixed for 2010. The finished game (not the demo) is ment to be great also :) well if your a fan of the series you'll be happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

thorbarry wrote: »
    Apparently the online has been completely fixed for 2010. The finished game (not the demo) is ment to be great also :) well if your a fan of the series you'll be happy

The demo is terrible IMO. The online play they've been saying will be fixed for years. PES has been terrible and meandering for years now since PES6 (Which was great). FIFA has great online play, the only problem with it is is that EA use their own servers and not the Xbox servers so the game can go down from time to time (but not that often, usually around once a month for a few hours).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 crock

Thanks for all the reply's, yep i have a mate whom i play online with and most times my gameplay is crap but his is fine:mad: he's not complaining as he can run riot on the field where as im loosing me rag just trying to pass the ball. Ok so Fifa is good apart from game goin down but this would mean everybody is down RIGHT! ! !
    Would make a change from just me getting bashed everytime.
    Oooh and i must add when my gameplay is working ok i normally win or draw at least, so i know its not me bieng crap;).
    So it seems i'll be getting Fifa 10 this year and wait for the feedback on pes 10:confused:
    Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OP what's your internet connection like?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

crock wrote: »
    Hi fellow gamers,
    I recently started playing pes 2009 online, what a disaster ! !:mad: The game play is rubbish, it lags all the time and sometimes its unplayable. Does anybody here have this problem? i have checked my ports and my xbox is connected via cable all seems ok there, also is it possable my opponent's are using some sort of gadgets to cheat? it seems there are invisable players on the pitch sometimes, ie: i pass the ball to my player, and when its halfway there it takes its own course and go's to oppisition:cool: wierd ! ! any help with these issues greatfully taken.
    Whats Fifa like?? do they have same prob? iv been playing pes since it first came out but never online, but now im fustrated and thinking of moving over to Fifa. Help me decide guy's.

Hi there, unfortunately the netcode for PES2008 was very poor and, despite the complaints of the players, Konami did very little about the problem in PES 2009.

There is talk that this has been changed for PES2010 and so it may be an excellent purchase then. I advise to download FIFA10 and PES10 demos and just buy the one you like!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

crock wrote: »
    So it seems i'll be getting Fifa 10 this year and wait for the feedback on pes 10:confused:
    Thanks all.

Ah ok, well at least if you buy it and dislike it, you can rtrade it in against PES!

head over to the PES/FIFA forum and check out details on the league system for FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Cant believe pes still havent fixed this prob.
    Wonder how pes10 will be online.
    I wont be buying it unless its fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 crock

That_guy: My internet connection seems to be ok, iv checked it on xbox and it tells me everything is fine. I followed the instructions to forward the ports from another website but some instructions showing were not the same as mine so i could only go so far with it:(

I dont understand how there is so much lag on my end and my opp seems to be ok ! ! it is poss i have a terrible internet connection so if any one can help me fix this it would be great, i must add when i was at school the only computer's we had were pocket calcaulators:confused: so if giving me instructions regarding my connection please explain as if explaining to a kid with thier first computer:rolleyes:.
    Many thanks :D

Advertisement