Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISUAL - ITS OPEN!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

went to the open day today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ana ng

Christ you would think for the money put into it they would have made sure that the website actually had some information telling you what was in it.

Every gallery link says - sorry, no exhibition.

Pitiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Friday's Nationwide came from Carlow and included a section about VISUAL.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1055843

I was in it on Friday and took a few pics of the outside. No photos allowed inside though :(

63E577A1F093428F8DB4C7C234FD12E0.jpg

CF3B9EFEF44740EFA6EA61FF9CD1F4C4.jpg

62731CD5E89B456D84526ECC9563E11C-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

This is going to sound like an odd question but is it only going to be open when there's an art exhibition or when there's something on or will I for example be able to stroll in for a cup of cha? Like is there a full-time reception in the foyer (9-5 for e.g.)?
    Or is it ondly open when something's on at nightime?
    Like Wexford Opera House & UL iirc, will we get Late Late Show when it goes on its' annual OB? Say the 1st-Show in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

I thought they'd only have stuff on the odd time, maybe a few times a year. In fairness though, the GB Shaw theatre actually has a very full line-up between now and Christmas: http://www.visualcarlow.ie/theatre.php

The gallery / box office opening hours are here: http://www.visualcarlow.ie/visitor-info.html

On RTÉ News this evening one of the people involved in the project said that it's one of the best venues of its kind in Ireland or the UK. I haven't been to VISUAL yet, but if that's true then that's a huge boost to the town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

There's a restaurant 'Lennons@VISUAL' as part of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

passed by the restaurant yesterday, it looks very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shaymousse

Had lunch in the restaurant today its Lennons@Visual. Food was nice buta bit pricey. But you get big portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

brought the kids there today, very impressive, nice to visit on a boring sunday, didnt see the theatre though

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

It's a deadly place if you ask me. Can't wait for the acoustic gig on the 24th. Young local bands playin. Have a few friends in a few of em. Should be good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement