Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows the old chess club going?

Options
  • 26-09-2009 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hows it doing?Many members?worth a pop in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Definitely worth a pop in, they've actually done quite well with active membership this semester from what I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jkeire

i hear they're going to amsterdam! How strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Hi!

Current president of the Chess Club here. I think it's definatly worth a pop in! We have 66 members who have signed up this year. We have an all play all event on Thursdays from 6 in Room 3 of the Students Union. I also give coaching sessions to anyone whose interested on the Thursdays. We have beginners training at 6 on Mondays in EG-010 (It's the big hall where exams are on). About 20 people go on Thursdays and about 7 people go on Mondays.

We are going to the Netherlands this year. From the 18th of Jan til the 23rd of Jan. We will be going to see the worlds top players play in the Chorus Chess Tournament. If you want anymore info on this, please pm me/email the club. (Email is on the website)

We have a new website up and running located here.

If anyone wants to know anymore info just drop me a pm I'll get back to you, and if I don't get back to you asap, just follow the link to the website and you can find my info under the contacts page.

Thanks,
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TVMANIAC2

Burial wrote: »
    Hi!

Current president of the Chess Club here. I think it's definatly worth a pop in! We have 66 members who have signed up this year. We have an all play all event on Thursdays from 6 in Room 3 of the Students Union. I also give coaching sessions to anyone whose interested on the Thursdays. We have beginners training at 6 on Mondays in EG-010 (It's the big hall where exams are on). About 20 people go on Thursdays and about 7 people go on Mondays.

We are going to the Netherlands this year. From the 18th of Jan til the 23rd of Jan. We will be going to see the worlds top players play in the Chorus Chess Tournament. If you want anymore info on this, please pm me/email the club. (Email is on the website)

If anyone wants to know anymore info just drop me a pm I'll get back to you, and if I don't get back to you asap, just follow the link to the website and you can find my info under the contacts page.

Thanks,
    Paul

sounds gud ... those chess lessons might come in handy for me sometime!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Burial wrote: »
    Hi!

Thanks,
    Paul
    look its Fla!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Amsterdam you say? I might just pop in so ;)

See you on Monday for some beginner lessons :D

Advertisement