Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes voters: Once a treaty has been agreed should ratification be mandatory?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Well what I actually meant was if it has just been parliamentary ratification as in other countries, would you have accepted the result?

I prefer referendums, but if that had been constitutionally acceptable, there's no reason for me to object.
    Remember that this question is directed only at the people who say "Ireland refusing to ratify is simply not an option, we gave the wrong answer and have no choice but to say yes." I'm gathering from this thread that you are not one of these people, therefore the questions posed don't really apply to your position on it... If you know what I mean?

It might be nice if you could actually give an example of such a person. At the moment, they seem a little nebulous - hypothetical, even.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement