Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any cool rental property in Dublin city?

Options
  • 26-09-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Has anyone spotted any cool properties available for rent in Dublin city? Looking for a new place but everywhere is a best sterile. I want to live in a cool property for once ... I want exposed brick, not that tatty one click wooden flooring crap. A factory conversion or something :)

Forget about the price. Seen it? Post it!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

www.daft.ie/2783582

www.daft.ie/2783408

www.daft.ie/2784229

www.daft.ie/2779846

www.daft.ie/2774506

It tends to be needle in a haystack stuff. I live in a beautiful terraced artisan cottage, which was converted from a 2 bed into a large one bed with loft area. The advert for this place didn't do it justice at all, the photos were weak.

My own observations on looking for a rental with character:

They tend to be focused in certain areas. Dublin 1/3/7 (esp North Wall and Stoneybatter) have most of the interesting stuff, but then they've been areas I've kept an eye on. Dublin 8 too has a lot going on. Of course random properties turn up in all areas, so this is only a general guide.

Unfortunately there are no tags to search with to identify the quirky from the bland, so it's just a matter of keeping your eyes and ears open. Like yourself, I had to get away from standard boxy apartments, but the reason I succeeded was as much down to luck as anything else. Also, I wasn't afraid to get out there and see places that may not have had photos, or whose photos weren't hugely appealing. I did not think I'd love where I live now, but once the door opened for the first time and I got a glimpse, that all changed.

Lastly, really character filled places are always going to be snapped up quickly if the current occupants decide to leave at all. Often friends of the existing tenant or landlord are going to want first refusal...best of luck though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Nobrow

Great reply bugler, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I think people I know used live in the first one there. It was pretty gorgeous alright.

Advertisement