Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema anyone?

Options
  • 26-09-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Just wondering if maybe there's some people that might be interested in going to the movies say once a month or something?Any movie I've wanted to see in the last six months, all my friends have seen it already or someone is busy on the given day!!So I end up having to wait for DVD....wouldn't be brave enough to face the cinema on my own.
    Sure drop me a PM or post here if you're interested!
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do what I do, go on your own :) daytime, quiet showings, no kids or scumbags, its bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

krudler wrote: »
    Do what I do, go on your own :) daytime, quiet showings, no kids or scumbags, its bliss

Yep, have to agree with ya. I love a quiet almost empty cinema. I have no problem going on my own, just as well as I tend to like films that my friends don't. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Inviting people from the Limerick forum to go. :confused:

They will all offer to go but will all cancel at the last minute. :eek:

I wish you best of luck. I hate the cinema with many passions myself. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Why can't you go to the cinema on your own?:confused: Went to see district 9 on my own during the week and survived.:p Was a good movie too. I highly recommend it if you like your Sci-Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Last thing I saw on my own was Public Enemies, there as me, a couple and an old guy in the biggest screen in Storm, no kids, no phones, no sweet wrappers, no scobes, its how all cinema experience should be, people should get over this idea of "you're a loner if you go to the cinema by yourself" thinking, its no different than sitting at home by yourself watching a dvd or sitting in a cafe having a coffee on your own, feck what other people think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Why can't you go to the cinema on your own?:confused: Went to see district 9 on my own during the week and survived.:p Was a good movie too. I highly recommend it if you like your Sci-Fi.

Weird, that was the film I went to see on my own in Storm. :D

Good film though.

I love going to the cinema on my own, and love it when the cinema is fairly empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

only problem with going on your own is if you really really like the film youve no one to appreciate it with if you get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Maybe. I used to have a regular cinema night with a bunch of friends of mine but we don't do it so much now.

And as has been said already here allot of them wouldent be interested in the movies that I would want to go to. Maybe we should start up a boards.ie - Limerick cinema club.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Maybe. I used to have a regular cinema night with a bunch of friends of mine but we don't do it so much now.

And as has been said already here allot of them wouldent be interested in the movies that I would want to go to. Maybe we should start up a boards.ie - Limerick cinema club.;)

eh....that was my idea in setting up this thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Actually I for one would be very interested in tagging along to the movies in a group like this!
    Takes all the pressure off asking someone to the flicks!
    And no need to worry about making the auld stretchy yawn move ;) cos sure its like a book club with pictures!;)lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If you can find something worth seeing, count me in!

Actually managed to get a friend to agree to go last Friday, except there was feck-all on that looked any good!

Advertisement