Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband Available

• 26-09-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I'm living in student accomodation. The internet here is fine for browsing the net and stuff but for downloading and youtube videos its rubbish and it tends to cut off randomly.

At the moment I'm looking at an o2/vodafone/meteor 3g modem but before I buy one id come on here and see if theres any better alternitaves out there?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is there a phone line in your room , does the accomodation manager have a policy on phone lines .

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

I don't think there is. I'm not sure because im not back there until tomorrow. I've a feeling they have a policy alright I must find out about it. I was looking at the satilite Broadband today. It seems to be expensive specially just for one person.

Where is the accommodation , Dublin ??

Will they permanently 'patch up' a phone line from the office for you if not directly in ??

No its Deans Hall Cork City. I don't think they will. I'll have to find out. They'll just want me to buy the accomodations broadband. It's looking like i'll have to settle with the o2 broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Music4life wrote: »
    No its Deans Hall Cork City. I don't think they will. I'll have to find out. They'll just want me to buy the accomodations broadband. It's looking like i'll have to settle with the o2 broadband.
    o2 have a deal for student broadband or did... you could look that up first :)

• Advertisement

You may be able to get a 'fixed' wireless like Nova Networks or digiweb or irish broadband but only if your window points the right way and it fits on the windows sill .

Thats Great Thanks I'll look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'm living in student accomodation. The internet here is fine for browsing the net and stuff but for downloading and youtube videos its rubbish and it tends to cut off randomly.

At the moment I'm looking at an o2/vodafone/meteor 3g modem but before I buy one id come on here and see if theres any better alternitaves out there?

Thanks

UPC have a no 12 month contract option for students but it has an additional charge.

Ya Nova Networks is cheap for the first 3 months. Its pretty expensive year out. I'll have to call into Upc. I hope the Accomodation will let me have it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ya Nova Networks is cheap for the first 3 months. Its pretty expensive year out. I'll have to call into Upc. I hope the Accomodation will let me have it there

prices are here, note the terms and conditions:
    http://www.upc.ie/broadband/student/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Broadband

Advertisement