Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on options for FTP server

• 26-09-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was looking for some advice on what is the best options out there for FTP servers.

Basically what I need is something that i can use to upload large files (typically 10-30MB each) and download them from another PC (this is all legal btw, i'm not talking movies or music).

I would need a good bit of storage too as in a few GB. Also if there was an option to upload/download say 20 files at the same time it would really be handy

What are the best options out there? Willing to pay a fee for it if nessesary.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

FileZilla Server should meet your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Syquus

Just a quick tip:

ProFPTD for Linux

Serv-U, FileZilla or any other-wellknown FTP Servers for Windoze.

Take a look on a Wikipedia Comparison Article to make it clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

https://www.dropbox.com/

When you install the client-side app on your machine it will create a DropBox folder containing two sub-folders - one public, one private - which are tied to your on-line DropBox.com account.

Anything you drop into either the public or private folders on your PC is automatically backed up to the equivalent folder online in your account.

If you then install the client-side app on a second PC and associate it with the account you created previously it will sync the contents of the public and private folders on that second machine to those folders on the first via your online account.

Any changes made to either set of public and private folders will be mirrored on both your DropBox.com account and the other PC. It is possible to have more than just two PC's associated with the one account.

The basic service gives you 2 GB of storage free.

Advertisement