Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Council - Corrupt, Discriminatory or Incompetent?

Options
  • 26-09-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I read this blog earlier today by a guy called Finbar McCarthy and it made me as mad as hell.

Cork City Council - Corrupt, Discriminatory or Incompetent?

I am interested if anyone has had a like experience cause my brother had somthing very similar happen to him in Cork before. Its basically those scum traffic wardens in Cork who behave like little hitlers and personally I think they are discriminating *******

Sean :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved to Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Complain to the Ombudsman about them. That should shake them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Fair play to ya ...good luck with the case ...hope you take em to the cleaners for wasting your time/day etc ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

As already stated the ombudsman is your best course of action but why not go to the press as well. The Evening Echo would at least bring it to the attention of a wider local community.

Good luck with the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

That's the administrative aspect of public service for you - faceless with no accountability. If a named person was responsible for each case, then you'd at least have someone to focus on. Most of the time it's just passed around from Billy to Jack, and they wear you down until you just give up! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Does displaying a Disabled Drivers Parking Permit mean that you can park without using a parking disc? Or does it just mean that you can park in disabled parking spots?

To be honest, I'm unclear what such a permit allows. Maybe a lot of people are confused on this point.

If no parking disc was required, then the City Council are being awfully stubborn in pursuing such a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

It says in the bye law that if you hold a disabled person’s
    parking permit that you dont need a parking disc or ticket.

Why doesnt he take the matter up with a cork city councillor.

Advertisement