Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KJW M1911 A1 review.

Options
  • 26-09-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Ok, here is the mini review. I will post pics later on :)

I have had this pistol since June, and it still has to break, despite being dropped, thrown, and generally abused.

First off, when I opened the box I found a very heavy pistol, allaan key, cleaning rod, mag, and some shockingly high quality BB's. Upon test firing, the 'red thingy' which loads in the BB's (cant recall the name) and operates the gas, blew up. The retailer promptly replaced. Now, the new one, was flawless. THe blowback is very strong, and it is extremely scary to be shot at with. Test firing showed it to be extremely accurate.

When the mag empties, the slide locks every time. However, recently the mag spring has weakened and this is now more 'hit and miss'.

It has four safety mechanisms. Half cock, manual safety, grip safety, and your brain.

It strips really easily. I can strip and reassemble in 43 seconds eyes open.

It has full trades, painted on. ANd it looks extremely realistic. When we showed it to an ex paratrooper he was convinced it was real.

When skirmished, it performed amazingly. Nobody liked being shot at by it :D

We get ~2 mags per CO2 powerlet.

It is full metal, exteme durability. And only 150 euros!

9/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Any pics to go with the review??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Yep just gotta get the b*stards off me camera and onto me computer - and I lost the goddamn lead! I took MANY pics, goddamn stripped her down for the photoshoot... I think Ill head and clean her barrel actually.

Advertisement