Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheeled Loading Shovel vs Tele-Handler

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

just to throw another option in the mix when looking at pro's and cons, what about teleporters

ie
    http://www.jcb.com/products/MachineProduct.aspx?PID=115&RID=8&IID=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Red i

Em.. teleporters (TP) and telehandlers (TH) are much the same as far as i can see but one major difference and advantage of the TH is the fact that they are articulated which in turn is similar to the wheeled loader (WL). Articulation is the key here - this addition can provide a lot more maneuverability for access to those harder to reach places, can make machine slightly unstable at times depending on what works it doing, TP are great for construction site work when all you want is to lift materials up onto the roof or the like but when it comes to farm work IMO, I think they are limited. The TH has a telescopic boom also I think.

We used to run a 412S when I was a kid but with the passing of my father a little under 10 years ago we got rid and since then running a JD with front loader which has always been a step back, IMO, am I wrong? But such were the means at the time. I have been away from the farm for some time but have still been involved with it, since then it has been contracted to a Farm Manager to work for us. Still not in a position the reinstate a machine of such caliber, but trying to develop some foresight and something to aim for..

What I'm trying to see is - if you were to go out in the morning and buy one or the other - which one would it be and for what reasons over the other... as I dont know what the price diff is, this could be the deciding answer also.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

a th would be better suited to a diet feeder i would think if you had to shoot the boom out to fill it full, also the size would be smaller to get into sheds!!!

Advertisement