Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc (Taught) Problem

Options
  • 26-09-2009 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I have a problem with my Taught MSc basically they have decided not to offer a module in an attempt to save money basically a module i believe to be a core module previous years although it may have been just an elective either way its been offered for the past three years of this recent MSc program will not be taught this year. The module was actively promoted by lecturers in the institution as well as in the collage literature as a very good reason to study in the course and doing this module would also help with our CV it would have distinguished me against other graduates from other institutions. Apparently my course leader was instructed to drop the module about a week before the course started.

Advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Isn't there usually something in the prospectus about modules (especially electives) being subject to change? If they're flat out refusing to run it there isn't a whole lot you can do about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

It might not be as big a deal as you imagine, one module is usually not a big deal, is it very specific or something?

What subject is it?

Advertisement