Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube streaming gone to pot?

• 26-09-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Seems over the past two weeks, YouTube vids are taking forever to stream. Not all vids, but most. Doesn´t seem to matter if they´re HD or not, infact, some vids stream quicker in HD than normal. Bizarre.

Anyone else having this prob?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Nope - download malware and scan your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yep, google have made a mess of Youtube. I sometimes can't stream Youtube vids, even when I'm getting full speeds (6.5Mbit) on speedtests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Been very slow loading for me for the last while and on a 10Mb connection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Nope - download malware and scan your PC.

It´s definately a network issue as it´s happening on all connected clients. Have sniffed the network and there is no unauthorised traffic.

I just don´t understand why some videos take forever to load on LQ but load fast on HQ or HD.

I wonder is it YouTube or our ISP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I just tried to search for something on youtube now but when I click on the search button nothing happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Thrill wrote: »
    I just tried to search for something on youtube now but when I click on the search button nothing happens.
    Snap !

I just had the same problem myself so instead of the title of song I was looking for , put the bands name in the search and it gave me all the bands songs, including the one I was looking for . You could try it

Advertisement