Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best spot for ice cream sundaes/milkshakes?

Options
  • 26-09-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Anyone know the best spots which serve the above? I'd usually go to Eddie Rockets or Captain Americas. Are these places genuinely the best or are there better alternatives that I'm not yet aware of?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I don't think there are any dedicated ice cream parlours left in city.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Not dublin city, but people rave about Teddy's in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

There's one in bray too, never been to it before though...Eddie Rockets always does the job nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i know there is a gelato place in the italian quarter (just off the north quays near jervis) but i dunno if that's what you want....

why can't it just be 50's america and we can all meet at the soda shop for sundaes all the time! seriously, i want to live in the set of grease.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Damn right! keep the blacks out :P

Eddie Rockets on O'Connell and Dame Street do good malts otherwise they're pretty average.

• Advertisement

Eddie Rockets Chocolate Brownie with Ice Cream is unreal...

Actually coming to thing of it, the best desert i've ever had was in Captain Americas...Death by Chocolate...unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

haagen dazs on South Anne Street. Not sure if its still there though it was beautiful though

haagen dazs on South Anne Street. Not sure if its still there though it was beautiful though
    Oh yeah, there's one of those in Temple Bar Square too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

And there's another Italian ice cream place in Temple Bar as you go from the square toward Parliament St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Yes haagen dazs is the best, there was one in Liffey Valley SC but I think it's gone now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Is there not a Murphys Ice-Cream in the Powerscourt Centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

tfak85 wrote: »
    i know there is a gelato place in the italian quarter (just off the north quays near jervis) but i dunno if that's what you want....

passed there today, that place is now vacant and to let

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

I've eaten lunch in that Italian quarter a couple of times and was very good on both occasions. Might be tempted to try that ice cream spot there it looked good.

Eddie's and Captain America's are generally the safe options. Top milkshakes in Bobo's also across the road from Eddie Rockets on Wexford St. Excellent burgers there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

There's an amazing milkshake shop in Cork called Hot Shakes. AMAZING! I love it so much. Go there whenever I'm in Cork. I was talking to the girls who run it and they said they're opening a branch on D'Olier Street in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

Yeah I've heard about that place in Cork, its supposed to be fantastic. Looking forward to March already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

googlefan wrote: »
    Bobo's also across the road from Eddie Rockets on Wexford St. Excellent burgers there also.
    Off topic but Every time I've eaten there they've been rubbish and the chips are horrible too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Apparently Gourmet Burger Kitchen's shakes and malts are meant to be very good. A little pricey though - €4.50 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

herya wrote: »
    And there's another Italian ice cream place in Temple Bar as you go from the square toward Parliament St.

This place is called Botticelli's and it's attached to an Italian restaurant with the same name. It's *fantastic* :D More of a cafe vibe than a diner vibe, so it may not be quite what you're after, but the ice cream and shakes are top-notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 funbob1975

None too happy with Eddie Rockets at the moment - food fair to middlin but Camden St doormen are really aggressive. Despite telling the guy 9 times my girlfriend was settling the bill the guy was still an arse - spoiled what had otherwise been a decent night.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Mooz on Aungier St.
    The Mint Aero milkshake is unreal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement