Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The (only!) CIT Bar***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

akamossy wrote: »
    Never been there. I is off down to Cork Week at some stage this week
    What exactly is that all about? Something down in Crosshaven is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Vinta81 wrote: »
    What exactly is that all about? Something down in Crosshaven is it?

Yup, It's a sailing regatta but like they have all tents down there and music and such. It's been good previous years but not supposed to be that busy this year

Still looking for a place to move in too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You're not the only one :( place I had booked for a viewing gave away their last room cos I couldn't get up North in time

Going up next Monday to have a good sconce about the place

Having looked around why don't you check this place out?

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=935423

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You're not the only one :( place I had booked for a viewing gave away their last room cos I couldn't get up North in time

Going up next Monday to have a good sconce about the place

Having looked around why don't you check this place out?

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=935423
    You staying here or still going North?

• Advertisement

Still going North my good man. Got a few viewings of houses booked now for Monday.

Still going North my good man. Got a few viewings of houses booked now for Monday.
    Very good. I'm leaving here myself I think, been here too long. Dublin I think is next stop!

Really? Sounds like a big move, and I could even come visit :D tis only an hour on the bus sure

Really? Sounds like a big move, and I could even come visit :D tis only an hour on the bus sure
    Sounds like a plan! I wouldn't mind driving up too from Dublin.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan! I wouldn't mind driving up too from Dublin.

Indeedy...Could even do your weekly shopping for much cheaper up there too :)

• Advertisement

Indeedy...Could even do your weekly shopping for much cheaper up there too :)
    Ha yeah theres an idea! If only I wasn't too lazy to cook. Time for a change I think, going to attempt it!

Ha yeah theres an idea! If only I wasn't too lazy to cook. Time for a change I think, going to attempt it!

Definitely...I was useless in 1st year, could barely cook beans on toast (I used to microwave the beans :o) but now I'd like to think I can cook quite well. Can do chicken stir fry, sunday dinners, spag bol with homemade sauce, can fry steak etc can even make a cake :pac:

Brownies though, not my strong point. Always too dry :( need lessons on how to make them properly

You still thinking about moving out?

akamossy wrote: »
    You still thinking about moving out?
    yes but no one else wants too :( apartments seem crazy expensive!I wish i could just pay week to week! Looking for a house really.

I would but i am so broke :( Maybe if I get some amazing grant (which i probably won't) I will :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

yes but no one else wants too :( apartments seem crazy expensive!I wish i could just pay week to week! Looking for a house really.

So this is where ya hideout ya bluffer!

(Dookey)

Ian Mac wrote: »
    So this is where ya hideout ya bluffer!

(Dookey)

em what?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 chanlizard

Gat on in my car this year down the back of the car park :P

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoindrummer

Hey there! I hate to be a spoilsport and ruin the conversation y'all were having... But, I'm off to CIT within the coming weeks and was just wondering what the place is like as a whole? This being the people, culture, atmosphere, places to drink (applicable to Cork in it's entirety) and so forth!
    The people who seem to frequent this thread seem like the people to ask!
    Any comment will be greatly appreciated!

Hey there! I hate to be a spoilsport and ruin the conversation y'all were having... But, I'm off to CIT within the coming weeks and was just wondering what the place is like as a whole? This being the people, culture, atmosphere, places to drink (applicable to Cork in it's entirety) and so forth!
    The people who seem to frequent this thread seem like the people to ask!
    Any comment will be greatly appreciated!

Hey there yourself,

Well, in my opinion, CIT is one of the best places you can go. It is a great student friendly environment but there isn't much to do when you're on a break unfortunately. The people are fantastic, and I include lecturers in that bracket. I was lucky enough to be in a small ish class of about 65 (not that small tbh) but I was still able to chat to my lecturers about anything and over the length of your course you get to know them pretty well. You can also meet people outside your course by joining one of the many societies and clubs that are run in the college.

Places to drink... well, theres plenty :D the places I frequent would be The Bailey, Sober Lane, The Franciscan Well, The Old Oak, The Washington Bar, The Bierhaus, Costigans, The Brog (horrible pints at times in there) to name but a few, the list is probably endless. Then of course you could always attempt the Barrack Street Challenge :cool:

Any other info you may need, just ask

• Advertisement

First day back today. One lecture at 10, labs aren't on this week and our lecturer for 12 didn't show up so was on break from 11-4...expected for the first day/week back but still :( Went back to Parchment for a whileand then copious amounts of tea in the canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I was in today for 4 hours, atm I have 1 lecture on a friday which is pretty annoying so hopefully it is changed :p

Also, anyone know where PF53 is?
    I'm in CIT for my second year and I have no idea where that class is :D

I was in today for 4 hours, atm I have 1 lecture on a friday which is pretty annoying so hopefully it is changed :p

Also, anyone know where PF53 is?
    I'm in CIT for my second year and I have no idea where that class is :D
    Its right across from the GYM. Walk out front door gym and its right across way. It's a porter cabin. usually you have to go to the other side to get in but the back door might be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

haha prefabs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Heading into the 2nd week in CIT first week flew cos had no labs dunno about this week tho!

I hateee girls who walk 3/4 together down the B/C corridor! Get out of my wayyyy!

This forum is after getting really quiet. How is CIT going for everyone?

Pretty crappy, dunno what I was thinking coming back haha :D

ha ha. Nice to see some life in the place again though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Where are all the 1st years?? I think ye need a recruitment day!!!

Advertisement