Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The (only!) CIT Bar***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

No probs ma dear!

The odd one doesn't work though but you want to be unlucky come across them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Webmonkey wrote: »
    No probs ma dear!

The odd one doesn't work though but you want to be unlucky come across them.

So they're on the floor, or under the wood of the dek...just so i'm not an eejit crawling around on my knees :o

Vinta81 wrote: »
    So they're on the floor, or under the wood of the dek...just so i'm not an eejit crawling around on my knees :o
    They under the desk so you'll have to crawl on your knees! You'll spot them straight away when you look under :)

They under the desk so you'll have to crawl on your knees! You'll spot them straight away when you look under :)

Ah ok, I'll go in early enough! also, one lastttt question :pac: People won't be annoyed at the tap tap tapping away :confused:

Ah ok, I'll go in early enough! also, one lastttt question :pac: People won't be annoyed at the tap tap tapping away :confused:
    No def not. A load of people are tapping anyways! - I spent a lot of time on my laptop in there during 4th year and you should hear me type! I used be playing typing speed games and everything when got bored ha

• Advertisement

No def not. A load of people are tapping anyways! - I spent a lot of time on my laptop in there during 4th year and you should hear me type! I used be playing typing speed games and everything when got bored ha

I've an episode of Alan Partridge if it's quiet in there (earphones of course) - also, 21 questions here tonight - CIT Wireless, will it connect straight away?

I've an episode of Alan Partridge if it's quiet in there (earphones of course) - also, 21 questions here tonight - CIT Wireless, will it connect straight away?
    Nice one. Yeah assuming you've it set up already?

Nice one. Yeah assuming you've it set up already?

erm come again? :p

erm come again? :p
    You must register your laptop on http://its.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/networkregistration :) - then connect to "Student Wireless" or what ever it is called and open web browser. There you will be prompted to enter your CIT user/pass and away you go. It times out every 15 minutes or so though if inactivity.

By way, you'll need enter your MAC address. If want help retrieving this let me know.

You must register your laptop on http://its.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/networkregistration :) - then connect to "Student Wireless" or what ever it is called and open web browser. There you will be prompted to enter your CIT user/pass and away you go. It times out every 15 minutes or so though if inactivity.

By way, you'll need enter your MAC address. If want help retrieving this let me know.

Did I get an email with my cit pass etc or is it what I use to log onto the comps in college? we weren't told any of this!

• Advertisement

Yes, the ones you log onto on campus. Assuming you log into the student domain (I think all students were moved to this)? Sorry if I'm not making sense

Yes, the ones you log onto on campus. Assuming you log into the student domain (I think all students were moved to this)? Sorry if I'm not making sense

Nope I get ya! Let me try there! Stay put in case I have trouble :o

No probs :pac:

MAC Address - hit me up! I should know this!

MAC Address - hit me up! I should know this!
    ...and you call yourself a nerd!

1. Click start.
    2. (If vista type cmd and press enter)
    2. (if XP click run and type cmd and press enter)

3. Black box appear.

4. Next type ipconfig /all into that box and press enter.

5. Find the section something like: Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
    Edit: Ensure it the wireless one and not the Local area one.

6. Under that you should see

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX

That's it :) - might have to enter without the -'s though.

I just had Wireless Lan blah blah blah - so that's ethernet and not the WiFi yes? lol, just making sure!I'm a nerd in SOME respects!

Well it's says I'm registered, we'll see the next day!

Yeah use the Wifi one if there are more than one. You can add multiple devices I think anyways so no worries if you screw it up :p

Well it's says I'm registered, we'll see the next day!
    Good good, now you'll get no work done in the Library being on boards all day

I clicked "Ethernet" :( I'll go back and try and change!

• Advertisement

I clicked "Ethernet" :( I'll go back and try and change!
    You can add instead. Might be easier

add? i just changed it too "WiFi" is their any major difference, Norman?

add? i just changed it too "WiFi" is their any major difference, Norman?
    Oh sorry I see what you mean. Yeah change to Wifi.

Oh sorry I see what you mean. Yeah change to Wifi.

Ok, I changed to WiFi - hopefully I can harves tmy crops in FV on my breaks :p I've a 4 hour break tomorrow :(

Ok, I changed to WiFi - hopefully I can harves tmy crops in FV on my breaks :p I've a 4 hour break tomorrow :(
    Harvesting crops...thats insane :pac:

Well happy interneting anyways in CIT

Thanks again for the help!

No probs, talk laters. Off for some food...

I hateeeeeeee when you're in a lab and girls come in and starting lipping chatting about last night or so and so's boyfriend....:mad: STFU! A friday afternoon is relatively quiet and I decided to stay around in lab and work on 2 of 3 projects I have and these two mongoloids stroll in and start yapping away :mad: They didn't even do anything!

Thank God I had my music!

Calm down Vinta! :pac:

Ha - yeah know what ya mean alright. Quite annoying when you actually want to do something. Was stuck in there myself until 5.30 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm clam :(

I was stuck there too, damn bus strikes and rain! Then my lift got stuck in traffic, was waiting for nearly 50 mins for him to get to CIT!

Advertisement