Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The (only!) CIT Bar***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I'm clam :(

I was stuck there too, damn bus strikes and rain! Then my lift got stuck in traffic, was waiting for nearly 50 mins for him to get to CIT!
    Yeah traffic was absolutely crazy. Had to drive a few work mates into city centre because no buses and stuck there for 40 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah traffic was absolutely crazy. Had to drive a few work mates into city centre because no buses and stuck there for 40 minutes :(

It was only cause one guy at the bus stop rang the bus station to ask them and he was told about the strikes, the one day I stay behind to "study" and all that jazz, I choose the day with horrific rain and bus strikes :pac:

If CIT had an underground to it from the city and other areas we'd be sorted :pac:. It's a huge contributor of traffic problems in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I had to get a bloody taxi to the train station because the buses weren't going.

...€17!!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I had to get a bloody taxi to the train station because the buses weren't going.

...€17!!
    That's a disgraceful price

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »

...€17!!

I know :( 5 girls next to me were trying to call one, but I knew it'd be something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

This should be called the Webmonkey and Vinta81 thread :D

Anyone know what is happening to the empty unit next to Bank of Irelnad in the Student Centre? I know there always seems to be people coming and going from there, but now they are laying down tiles.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gaara

Offices id say. I think at one point it was supposed to be our bookshop but its cit so that was never really going to happen :(

gaara wrote: »
    Offices id say. I think at one point it was supposed to be our bookshop but its cit so that was never really going to happen :(

As far as I know that opens in February, for when we're back in Semester 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

blow69 wrote: »
    This should be called the Webmonkey and Vinta81 thread :D

Anyone know what is happening to the empty unit next to Bank of Irelnad in the Student Centre? I know there always seems to be people coming and going from there, but now they are laying down tiles.:confused:

The unit next to the Bank of Ireland is our wonderful student bar. As the bar has been cancelled, it is being kitted out at the moment so that Gala can move into that bigger space and also sell merchandise.

The units next to Cafe Fraiche were meant to be the Bookshop and they have been turned into offices for Disability and Access staff.

The bookshop might be put into the new Gala or the old existing Gala unit but realistically its all pie in the sky with that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

The unit next to the Bank of Ireland is our wonderful student bar. As the bar has been cancelled, it is being kitted out at the moment so that Gala can move into that bigger space and also sell merchandise.

The units next to Cafe Fraiche were meant to be the Bookshop and they have been turned into offices for Disability and Access staff.

The bookshop might be put into the new Gala or the old existing Gala unit but realistically its all pie in the sky with that one.

well feck them anyway. i think we should all break into that new Gala area and consume copious amounts of alcohol until they give us our fecking bar and Gala can take a long walk off a short pier

nothing like a few pints to help ya through that last boring lab in the evening.

putting a cap in the wrong way around is 10 times as funny after a couple o pints

Presentation went good anyways! (From my perspective at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Good good!!

Thanks, yep it was probably crap though but I got through it at least, was in front of a board of people :(

How are you anyways?

Meh, not too bad! Trying (and failing miserably!) to do work!!!

CIT Work? - difficult to do alright. What you doing in CIT ne ways...

Multimedia. Trying to script a music video. :(

Oh you with Lia_Lia so. Ye have long hours in there, lots assignments no doubt

Way too many! :( yup its a great course but the last 3 weeks of any semester are torture!!!

Yeah I know what that torture is like...my final year last year was just chaos. It always works out in the end though :)

• Advertisement

haha hopefully anyways!!!! what you studying??

I was doing software development course but now I've moved to electronics doing a post grad :) - no getting me out of there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

awe dats gud to hear:D

Thanks, its a relief :) Can't wait until next now, great to get practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

de nxt one will b a walk over so:)

Hopefully anyways as long as it won't be too far away :pac:

GRRR i wish time would just slow down a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Yes. Or wish I could teach myself to have a bit of..initiative.

GRRR i wish time would just slow down a little!
    It does, but you must run really quickly but then it's hard to actually do the work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Was it a symposium or just an informal one? I'm also try to get as much practice as possible. I suppose you're a bit off a conference or journal paper at this stage, but they are the main ones .... whoah!
    :)

Advertisement