Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The (only!) CIT Bar***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Scien wrote: »
    Your friendly neighborhood Moderator wishes you and yours a happy Christmas. :)
    ha nice one! - The same to you. Happy christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

I'm on my way to cork again in january, i'll be in CIT this time for my apprenticeship, looking forward to it, I had right craic the last time i was down there for 6 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Exams Mon and Tues aye... :(

is that it then? - horrible alright ....spoils the xmas! No wonder you kept a low profile over xmas ha

Yup just better to get it over with and study it outta the park, although it's my two favourite subjects :D

• Advertisement

It helps when you have interest/like the subject anyways. Good luck with them.

Cheers my dear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I've an exam on tuesday that I haven't even started studying for. I'm scared how not worried I am about it haha :rolleyes:

Not looking forward to going back Monday :( - lots work to do in Jan...probably unrealistic amount but we see how it goes.

College will be queit ne ways...not sure if that good or bad though. It can be a boring spot.

My lack of motivation this weekend is haunting me, didn't sleep at all last night :( Woke up nearly every hour :( Bus. Management tomorrow at 10 :( Favourite subject but I have a feeling I'm screwed since I can't seem to remember the basics.

• Advertisement

Lacking motivation during and after xmas is just normal. This is probably making you feel stressed because you feel you are going no where / not productive hence why you are not sleeping.

The best thing I can advise is simply to make a time table...down to every hour. Give yourself 30 minute breaks ever 1.5 hours or what ever. Write everything down, reading won't work! If you working off slides, elaborate on points or make a paragraph out of them. I personally cannot learn from slides what so ever.

Best of luck with it :)

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Lacking motivation during and after xmas is just normal. This is probably making you feel stressed because you feel you are going no where / not productive hence why you are not sleeping.

The best thing I can advise is simply to make a time table...down to every hour. Give yourself 30 minute breaks ever 1.5 hours or what ever. Write everything down, reading won't work! If you working off slides, elaborate on points or make a paragraph out of them. I personally cannot learn from slides what so ever.

Best of luck with it :)

My method, take my notes, summarise each section onto no more than 2/3 A4 sheets and don't go back to book/folder notes again. And I've work 3-7 today :( Late night ahead :(

Oh work is a nuisance alright :(

Getting nowhere with my study either and I've four assignments still to do. :(

When are the exams finishing up in Jan?

When are the exams finishing up in Jan?

I think it's only this week they are on as far as I know

thanks. It will be quiet around so from next week onwards until Feb.

thanks. It will be quiet around so from next week onwards until Feb.

I know I won't be there anyway :P well after monday week, all my assignments are in then

akamossy wrote: »
    I know I won't be there anyway :P well after monday week, all my assignments are in then
    Nice, a bit of well deserved time off so. The post grads must carry on unfort :( - The canteen better stay opened though! I need my dinner.

Nice, a bit of well deserved time off so. The post grads must carry on unfort :( - The canteen better stay opened though! I need my dinner.

Still gotta keep going to work experience, few days to make up but i suppose at least I don't have to go back to college til february.

• Advertisement

Still gotta keep going to work experience, few days to make up but i suppose at least I don't have to go back to college til february.
    Ah fair enough. It will still be some bit of a break anyways no doubt. That CIT can be crazy

Ah fair enough. It will still be some bit of a break anyways no doubt. That CIT can be crazy

Bit nuts around exam time anyway alright. Pointless even trying to use the library for anything productive

Bit nuts around exam time anyway alright. Pointless even trying to use the library for anything productive
    That library is a zoo.

That library is a zoo.

Everywhere i go has distractions :( it's obviously not meant to be :P

Everywhere i go has distractions :( it's obviously not meant to be :P
    Yep know what you mean ha. No empty class rooms around though?

Yep know what you mean ha. No empty class rooms around though?

I'm sure there probably will be. I was planning on staying at home and only heading up for my exam tuesday but our pipes have been frozen here for 2 days so I'm just gonna have to head up to my college house just to take a flipping shower haha. Might head into college to study tomorrow if i get nowhere at the house, which i probably won't.

B183 is my haven :D

Vinta81 wrote: »
    B183 is my haven :D

We live over in g block :( it's always so cold haha

G2.7 - gate going over there, was only once a week but hated it! Felt so isolated from the rest of the college.

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    G2.7 - gate going over there, was only once a week but hated it! Felt so isolated from the rest of the college.

Haha we're over there all the time. our class doesn't even fit in half the classrooms

Advertisement