Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea - missing parts.

Options
  • 26-09-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I just spent the last 2 hours putting together an ikea bookshelf and discovered there is one of the shelves missing!!!!

Before i ring up Ikea, do you know will they supply the missing shelf or will i have to dismantle the product, bring it back and get a new one? this is not possible as I borrowed a friends van to get the shelf home in the first place as it wont fit in my car. I need to know what to expect before ringing them tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Normally very good about this, just explain to them that you want the missing parts sent to you and it should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CraicBerry

I second that. In my experience in the UK Ikea will do anything within reason for cases like this. However, if a single shelf is not something they have lying around they may expect you to return the whole item for a new one and then, of course, you'll have to disassemble it and maybe get that van out again. When I had a similar case they came and collected the item and replaced it with a new one but I had paid for delivery for the original item.

For missing screws, nuts and bolts they usually have everything in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'd be inclined to say they would just open a new box instore, give you the missing part, and then return the remainder of the box to the warehouse listing that part as missing...

(That's how Argos work, anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

you were all correct. they just apologied and made me wait for about 45 mins while they whent and opened another box to get me the parts I was missing.

All it cost me was another 90 min round trip to Ikea, just under an hour waiting for them to sort me out. i suppose they done the best in the circumstances.

Advertisement