Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing lecture notes

Options
  • 26-09-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Well, I'm at home for the weekend and I have a German test, first thing monday morning. Problem is I CAN'T ACCESS THE LECTURE NOTES. When I click on Lecture notes in current students, it just says page cannot be displayed. Could someone pleeeeaasee help me asap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

dazzaq07 wrote: »
    Well, I'm at home for the weekend and I have a German test, first thing monday morning. Problem is I CAN'T ACCESS THE LECTURE NOTES. When I click on Lecture notes in current students, it just says page cannot be displayed. Could someone pleeeeaasee help me asap?
    Most lecturers put their lecture slides up on SULIS, try there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Log in to your email account and under the "more" tab select lecture notes (off campus access) and it will ask you for your user name and password. Because you are not in UL you have to put ul\ before your id no. EG: ul\09001234. The password is the same one you use for logging into a computer in the library.

Then you will see a list of lecturers on the left, you just have to find the one you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I've been doing that all evening and all I get is a blank page! :confused:

snazzy wrote: »
    I've been doing that all evening and all I get is a blank page! :confused:

Works for me, but then again Im back in Kilmurry so that could have something to do with it!

Off topic: UL is so quiet on a saturday night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dazzaq07

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Log in to your email account and under the "more" tab select lecture notes (off campus access) and it will ask you for your user name and password. Because you are not in UL you have to put ul\ before your id no. EG: ul\09001234. The password is the same one you use for logging into a computer in the library.

Then you will see a list of lecturers on the left, you just have to find the one you are after.

There is no more tab on my e-mail???

• Advertisement

Try logging in from login.live.com
    msn hotmail gives your email in a different format so try the live one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

the ul.ie link to off campus access to lecture notes sent me here

https://ulportallive.ul.ie/SiteDirectory/Students/Lecturers/default.aspx

same login as you would use on library computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

the ul.ie link to off campus access to lecture notes sent me here

https://ulportallive.ul.ie/SiteDirectory/Students/Lecturers/default.aspx

same login as you would use on library computers.

Doesn't work. That sharepoint is a stupid leap of S**T!!

Pm me the name of the lecturer, the module code and I will see if I can access it for you. it is working fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

Pm me the name of the lecturer, the module code and I will see if I can access it for you. it is working fine for me.

It was working again yesterday. Thanks though for the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Sorry to bump a somewhat old thread, but i currently cannot get into the ulportal site, tried just about every ****ing log in including my csis one.

Also when i try to login through Live, under the "More" tab i do not have any options for Lecture Notes or Exam papers.

Anybody got an idea :confused:

I am in the lecture notes website now. it is working for me.

see my post in post #10

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

To login from off campus you need to use the username "UL\xxxxxxx" where the x's are your id number, and your normal network login password, works perfectly for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Still cannot access it on-campus or off.

Tried everything, once i think it went through but it just gave me a blank page.

Tried all different browsers, and what you said above Mike
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

i could not get access for the last while either but tried tonight and hey presto it works now, i know sharepoint portal was down for a couple of days earlier in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

make sure you click off campus access and not on campus like i was doing :P

Advertisement