Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosemount, Dundrum

Options
  • 26-09-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hiya,

We're thinking of moving to Rosemount in Dundrum. I know there's flats nearby & it used to have a bad reputation, but does it still? And has there been any trouble there in recent years?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

Probably should be in Dub south forum but how and ever...

I lived in the flats for 15 years till recently and can tell you that it can be a dodgy area. Outside the flats, the rosemount estate is mostly fine, any of the houses would a fine location. (Allowing that's its a 2min walk to the luas, 5 mins to Dundrum Town Center) Just avoid the flats themselves, although they are being phased out (70% empty at this stage last I checked) so it would've gotten quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I was renting a place on the Dundrum Road, about a 5 minute walk from there for about 3 years, and never had any problems at all (actually I never even knew the flats were there until a few weeks ago). There was also an article in the Irish Times during the week about the fact that they're being demolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭actua11

Thoie wrote: »
    I was renting ...about a 5 minute walk from there ...and never had any problems at all

True, as I said, as long as your not in the middle of it you'll be fine.

Just read that article now, should be a great place once it's redeveloped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Sumire

Thanks for the replies, for some reason I couldn't get into the Dublin south forum for the last few days.
    It'd be in the estate but not in the flats, we've been around a few times over the last few days and even the flats seem pretty quiet so it's looking promising!

Advertisement