Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Residential Property Tax- Inherited House

• 26-09-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if you live in one residence (your principle primary) but have inherited another, are you liable on the 2nd residence for the EUR 200 residential property tax? i.e you have not purchased that residence for investment purposes- simply inherited it -

Second Question- if you are liable, and more than one person is on the deeds of said house, what implications does this have in terms of payment?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine each are jointly and severly liable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

There is only one NPPR charge per residence so you will not both have to pay the 200, just one payment required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 macwool

do residents of other EU countries have to pay the 200 Euro tax?-I have a house in Kerry whch I go to once a year. Noone I ask over here seems to know...help plz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its not your principal private residence, so I suspect you have to pay.

https://www.nppr.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 macwool

So I paid my 200Euros today for my property in Kerry which I visit once a year. I live in the UK. What services do I receive in return for my 200 Euros? I have my own well that gives me water. I pay 15 Euros to have my rubbish disposed of in the tip 35 miles away. My drive remains without hardcore even though its a 'common right of way'. I pay for my electric supply.I feel I'm being ripped off by a government thats making the populace pay for the cock up & greed it allowed.
    Tell me please? What do I get in for my return for my payment?

PJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 speakswan

Hi Macwool,
    What you get is a warm fuzzy feeling from helping the Irish Govt., who in return do not you prosecute for failing to pay your tax :-)

It sucks but that is just life.

At the end of the day if the property is making you unhappy you could just sell it.

Advertisement