Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microphone issues

Options
  • 26-09-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

i recnetly built a computer and am using the soundcard on the motherboard. Since then my friends complain of a scratching/fuzzing noise coming fmor my mic. I have tried reinstalling the drivers but it doesn't help... Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Are you using Ventrilo? If so it's probably a mixer setting that's off. Also make sure your windows microphone settings are correct through control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 digidydaz

I am using Ventrilo yes. I've check the mixer settings and to be honest I'm not too clear about how they function. I've checked in control panel and nothing I do seems to make any difference. I think there my be a conflict somewhere along the line. The case came with audio inputs at the front and teh motherboard has audio inputs at the back. The audio inputs at the back howeverr don't seem to be functioning at the moment =/ Thanks for your suggestions i'll muddle along for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

The connectors on the front of the case could be causing your problems...
    Maybe reinstall the drivers for the soundcard and then use the connectors at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Open up "Record Controls" (possibly) by going from:

playback controls > properties > recording

and check to see if any of those setting are causing the problem. Don't know if it will help any but I'm told I cause some nasty echo if I have "What U Hear" selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 digidydaz

I'll try that tonight thanks. No one online at the moment. Thank you all for your replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement