Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetic coming over for afternoon tea

Options
  • 26-09-2009 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

A friend of mine is diabetic during pregnancy and she is coming over for afternoon tea during the week. What low sugar/sugar free options can i get for her???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tea, milk - no sugar.

Assuming you are eating, salads and fruit are good, but ask your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

A very good friend of mine was diabetic (who sadly passed away last year), and these were his favourite cake to have with tea. My best memories of him are the times I made them when I was visiting and he would lash into them with such gusto. :)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugarless-Bars/Detail.aspx

The don't contain added sugar so are kinder to blood sugar, and taste really like normal fruit cake. They keep well in a tin and are nice for both diabetic and non.

Also, have some splenda to hand if you want to give them the choice of sweetner for their beverage. Sugarless jams and jellies are readily available also. Might be nice to make sugarless scones to have them with!

(Mods this may help more people in cooking and recipes?)

Advertisement