Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for U.TV customers

• 27-09-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

I noticed as it was approaching these final days of the month my allowance on my U.TV connection 12 gigabytes was fast approaching. I selected the Unlimited option. It says that it doesn't kick in till the next billing cycle but when I click on download usage it says:

Your current bandwidth usage this month is:

Incoming: 11172.6MB
    Outgoing: 4319.6MB

You are on the unlimited download plan so you can continue to use the service without incurring any download charges

Should I consider this as fact? Anyone else upgrade at the end of the month and know whether they give you the remaining of the month as unlimited?

Also does anyone know the limit of their unlimited service?

Thanks,
    X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Xcellor wrote: »
    I noticed as it was approaching these final days of the month my allowance on my U.TV connection 12 gigabytes was fast approaching. I selected the Unlimited option. It says that it doesn't kick in till the next billing cycle but when I click on download usage it says:

Your current bandwidth usage this month is:

Incoming: 11172.6MB
    Outgoing: 4319.6MB

You are on the unlimited download plan so you can continue to use the service without incurring any download charges

Should I consider this as fact? Anyone else upgrade at the end of the month and know whether they give you the remaining of the month as unlimited?

Also does anyone know the limit of their unlimited service?

Thanks,
    X

I changed to the unlimited a good while back and AFAIK it doesn't kick in until the next billing period - I asked at the time, as I was (like you) approaching my limit because of a trigger happy music fan in the house. I just kept to browsing and basic email only until the new billing period to be absolutely sure as I know of one other person who paid dearly for ignoring said limit. At the time I didn't realise it was only 12Gbs, which is pathetically low, but then again, the 'unlimited' is relatively cheap at only €5.99 more.
    As for what the limit actually is when you go 'unlimited', I'm not sure why I think its 180 - I just know I never go anywhere near that now.
    If you feel up to the phone wait and Julian's voice :D, why not ring and find out? I'd be interested to know too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

OK well I guess I won't be working from home next week that's for sure!

I have the option to cut me off if I go over the limit, not bill...

12 gigs is a joke. They are forcing people to take the 5.99 option. Im not a big downloader but I struggled last month to keep under 12 gigs and this month I am going to hit it.

X

Advertisement