Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Drogheda

Options
  • 27-09-2009 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

What do people think of all the new CCTV cameras in Drogheda?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Croga wrote: »

I suppose some are ok if they stop crime but most dont as far as i know , its becoming like the uk in this country .George orwell was right !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bunny2009

I think there are long overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There's one right across from my parents place, haven't seen any coppers come and stop the kids who have been marching by all weekend with bundles of tyres and pallets for halloween :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I'm all for them. They should be on every single street corner in every town in the contry. If people think they are less likely to get away with a crime then they are less likely to commit it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

They are absolutely pointless unless used properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

didn't know about this. how many/where are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

calex71 wrote: »
    There's one right across from my parents place, haven't seen any coppers come and stop the kids who have been marching by all weekend with bundles of tyres and pallets for halloween :D
    A kid walking down the street with a pallet is breaking how many laws exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Also handy for tracking criminals/vehicles after robberies etc and if people ever go missing to track their recent whereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Considering there's a lot of antisocial behaviour in Drogheda - especially at chucking out time - I think it's a great idea. However, we all know how useless the Gardai in Drogheda are! Numerous times in the past I saw them drive right past punch-ups in West Street late at night, or walk past 'gentlemen' relieving themselves in the street etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

How long have these cameras been in place? are there any in william st?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Scotty # wrote: »
    A kid walking down the street with a pallet is breaking how many laws exactly?

Theft, trespassing to get the stuff, pollution when they burn said pallets and tyres, anti social behaviour when they get drunk (under age) at the bonfire .... :D

2 definite laws broken with the potential for at least 3 more by my count ;)

Where is the "control centre" where the cctv pictures are watched - or am I thinking of a Spooks episode??

Advertisement