Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''You're not allowed to shoot here.''

• 27-09-2009 7:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

''I'm sorry?''
    ''You aren't allowed to photograph here. My contract states that no other photographers are allowed at this wedding.''
    ''Ah. Are you an employee of this hotel or an accredited agent?''
    ''No.''
    ''Is your contract with the bridal party?''
    ''No.''
    ''Well isn't that a shame!''
    *click*

Wedding photos to follow. :)

herbliz1_m.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

I am curious, who exactly was his/her contract with, if not the venue, nor the bridal party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

Yes, please tell, this guy sounds like a nut :-) Was he a security guard branching out? A Garda double jobbing? The priest? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Fenster wrote: »
    ''I'm sorry?''
    ''You aren't allowed to photograph here. My contract states that no other photographers are allowed at this wedding.''
    ''Ah. Are you an employee of this hotel or an accredited agent?''
    ''No.''
    ''Is your contract with the bridal party?''
    ''No.''
    ''Well isn't that a shame!''
    *click*

Wedding photos to follow. :)

herbliz1_m.jpg
    He is in Vegas, could have been Elvis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

He is in Vegas, could have been Elvis!

Impossible, Elvis works in a chip shop in Limerick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I think that he was hired by the limousine company. Either way, he wasn't happy to see me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

You're in the states sue him for copyright infringement :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Or bust a cap in his ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

I'm confused.....you took photos of a random wedding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

eas wrote: »
    I'm confused.....you took photos of a random wedding?

I was hired by the bridal party to cover the wedding. Somebody else at the wedding hired a limousine for the group, and the limousine company in turn brought along their own photographer. He got all mad to see me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

No problems, good man Fenster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I was hired by the bridal party to cover the wedding. Somebody else at the wedding hired a limousine for the group, and the limousine company in turn brought along their own photographer. He got all mad to see me.

America is truly insane. I was talking to one of the big kite companies about a major kite gig there and they said that they had similar issues - they got great photos at that event, and couldn't use them because of the contractual issues between the organisers and event photographer.

I mean, I just walked onto two beaches in POrtugal and shot world championship events without any hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Seems kinda crazy. So a photographer sent by a limo company to a wedding was surprised and angry to see another photographer. At a wedding? Surely he expected at least one other to be there

Advertisement