Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T90 SLR

• 27-09-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hello, I have been using a 450dslr but decided to go old school to learn more. I got a Canon T90. However, now i am struggling to put it into manual mode ( i didnt think this would be the most difficult part of the process! :confused:) ..

I have put it into Manual setting and can change the shutter speed but I can not find how to change the aperature. I assumed it would be by turning the lens dial but the viewfinder is not showing any change in aperature...

,,,,,,,, anyone know anything about this camera? It would be a great help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pokergroupie

Ok, i took the lens off, twisted the lens dial and the aperatures arent opening or closing..

tried new lens, same thing...I am new to the oldie SLR lenses, is there something I am missing regards the aperature? Is there a release on the lens??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

the camera will only close the blades when taking the shot... otherwise when you look through the lens using the viewfinder the apature blades would be in the way

if the camera has dof preview button (from manual) this would close the blades. Or if there is no film in the camera, putting to a slow shutter speed or in bulb mode and take a shot you will see the apature blade close

setting the apature is usually just by twisting the apature ring on the lens

heres manual http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/canont90/t90manual/page02.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pokergroupie

I thought for a minute that it was faulty lens but it is same for all three lenses.. iwill look at the website and have another go.

cheers.

Advertisement