Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Routers reconfiguring

Options
  • 27-09-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Two questions which I hope someone can advise me on.
    (apologies if they have been asked before)

My phone and broadband services are provided through BT Ireland although I am aware that the service was passed over to Vodafone. I have a BT wireless Broadband ADSL Router that is working well. However I wish to use the broadband in a outbuilding where the wireless signal is not being picked up.

Is it possible to use a second ADSL router on the same line?
    and
    Is it possible to reconfigure an Eircom router to work and if so does anyone know how.

Thank you.

Regards Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Two questions which I hope someone can advise me on.
    (apologies if they have been asked before)

My phone and broadband services are provided through BT Ireland although I am aware that the service was passed over to Vodafone. I have a BT wireless Broadband ADSL Router that is working well. However I wish to use the broadband in a outbuilding where the wireless signal is not being picked up.

Is it possible to use a second ADSL router on the same line?
    and
    Is it possible to reconfigure an Eircom router to work and if so does anyone know how.

Thank you.

Regards Brian

It is not possible to use two adsl routers on the same line.

The only thing you would need to change to use a modem from another isp is the user name and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 easylistener

Shows my technical knowledge now very confused. Still not sure how the signal would be picked up in the outbuilding.

Advertisement